Author Topic: Overdrawn Diskspace  (Read 6472 times)

Offline TechGeek

Overdrawn Diskspace
« on: July 24, 2011, 07:36:20 PM »
Hello;

I have a Roundcube email account that was offered to me when I purchased my domain name from Formotion. Over the past few weeks I noticed that I was not receiving emails. I had sent several test emails from other accounts to verify the issue. I was just about to post the issue here when I noticed an Undelivered Email message in the inbox of the test email which stated as follows.

"maildir delivery failed: Sorry, the user's maildir has overdrawn his diskspace quota, please try again later."

I immediately signed into my Roundcube account and began deleting some of the emails in all folders. I performed another test email and wa la, I was able to receive emails again. My question is why was I not informed 1) that there was a limit on the amount of email storage and 2) why did I not receive some type of notice/message that my account limit had been reached. If I had not received the return email notice (above) I would have never known the resolution or why I wasn't receiving emails.

Thanks...

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Overdrawn Diskspace
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 10:05:45 PM »
RoundCube isn't a service, its webmail client software. The mail service is provided by your isp, in this case its your domain company Formotion. You'll need to ask them for support.

Offline TechGeek

Overdrawn Diskspace
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 04:13:46 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I have one more question. If I download Roundcube software will I be able to link it to the Roundcube email offered to me by my domain host? Thanks in advance.

Offline Julius Caesar

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.de-keizer.net/
Overdrawn Diskspace
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 04:46:43 AM »
Quote from: TechGeek;35837
Thanks for the reply. I have one more question. If I download Roundcube software will I be able to link it to the Roundcube email offered to me by my domain host? Thanks in advance.

If you have the information about the smtp-server and the imap-server, you can use Roundcube on your own site. However, you'll need to do the configuration yourself.
Julius Caesar

You can download the Groupvice4 theme here.
Sie können Groupvice4 hier he

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Overdrawn Diskspace
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 08:54:08 PM »
Keep in mind that if you run your own copy of RoundCube you will still have the diskspace quota problem because thats part of the imap server not RoundCube.