Author Topic: Image Resize Plugin => Help needed!  (Read 7783 times)

Offline phs

Image Resize Plugin => Help needed!
« on: August 21, 2011, 07:41:01 AM »
Hi

I'm working on a plugin, which automatically resizes all image attachments and offers fancy preview options for the resized images.
The plugin works great, when I edit an html page of roundcube manually (see test page: plugin - image_resize).

But I have no clue how create the plugin php-file. My first attempt, on which I spent several hours without getting a working result, looks as follows:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1727[/ATTACH]

Could anyone please help me?

Thanks and regards
phs

Offline phs

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 11:04:29 AM »
Can nobody help me?

I think it would be quite an elegant way to get image resizing in Roundcube and lots of users would benefit from this feature.

Offline SleepyJohn

I cannot believe no-one wants this
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 04:07:42 AM »
Can I really be the only person using Roundcube who gets battered by multi-megapixel straight-from-the-camera's-maximum-size-setting snapshots from gormless relatives?  I would give anything to display thumbnails of attached pictures then be able to download small versions of them.  Anything happening on this front?  I would be delighted to help if I had any idea what to do!

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 07:51:57 AM »
Image resizing is planed for RoundCube 0.8 Roadmap

Offline SleepyJohn

Good news - thank you
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 02:36:43 PM »
Hadn't got round to reading that, but picked up on the posting.  Thanks for the news, I look forward to using it.  

PS  Have now settled on Roundcube after trying a number of other mail clients and am very well pleased with it.  The combination of easily actuated features and simple, clean presentation knocks the socks off everything else I tried.

Offline engel75

Re: Image Resize Plugin => Help needed!
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 06:39:06 AM »
Hi,

I am also very interested ina feature like this. My mom likes to send pictures but it is very hard for her to resize images in any program and than use our roundcube webmail to send those pictures. It would be so great if there is any plugin or builtin feature that allows her to attack the pictures and choose a simple option to resize those picture on the fly before sending.

Any update about this?

Regards,
engel

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 10:42:38 AM »
They implemented a different type of image resizing not the type you want, it would be best to make a plugin to do the resizing.

Offline engel75

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 09:51:52 AM »
They implemented a different type of image resizing not the type you want, it would be best to make a plugin to do the resizing.

Hi

Thank you for your answer. I am not able to code PHP or JAVA :(
So my mam will have to use some other program like gthumb.

Regards,
engel