Author Topic: Corrupted binary attachments (quoted printable)  (Read 4016 times)

Offline George79

Corrupted binary attachments (quoted printable)
« on: July 31, 2011, 05:32:11 AM »
I have a problem with PDF attachment sent from Outlook 2007 getting corrupted when saved in Roundcube (same attachment from exactly the same email saves OK when using Horde).

When I checked the source of the message (on the server) the attachment is embedded in the message as "quoted printable" and it has lines seperated by LF character.

When I check the same message after I saved it with Roundcube, LF characters were converted to CR+LF.

I wonder if Outlook incorrectly interprets the standard: "If the data being encoded contains meaningful line breaks, they must be encoded as an ASCII CR LF sequence, not as their original byte values, neither directly nor via "=" signs. Conversely if byte values 13 and 10 have meanings other than end of line, then they must be encoded as =0D and =0A respectively."
Quoted-printable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In any case, could this still be fixed somehow in Roundcube?

Offline Evil_Kenshin

Corrupted binary attachments (quoted printable)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 10:52:22 AM »
Same problem here, a pdf encoded with old versions of Acrobat and send from Outlook (also outlook 2010) is encoded as quoted-printable; the same pdf saved in Acrobat X Pro is correct send as base64.

But in the two cases horde, email client, blackberry can see correctly the pdf created with the old version and encoded as quoted-printable, only roundcube have a problem with old files.

Any idea in how to fix this ???