Author Topic: search all mail plugin?  (Read 4933 times)

Offline kujoe2002

• http://www.gpcpi.com/
search all mail plugin?
« on: August 23, 2011, 11:37:37 AM »
I am using the latest version of roundcube with Group Vice theme.  Is there a plugin that allows you to search in all your emails like yahoo and gmail have?

Thanks

Offline xrxca

search all mail plugin?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 06:02:04 PM »
Not that works with the current versions, however the Message Label plugin can sort of do what you want but only for one of Subject, Sender, Recipient

What I do if I'm looking for all messages with a subject containing something is create a new label in the settings/labels section for that subject match in all folders and then click on the label under the main folder list and I should get what I was looking for, then I delete the label when I'm done.  (Not the simplest, but it does work.)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:09:25 PM by xrxca »

Offline umount

search all mail plugin?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 03:34:33 AM »
Quote from: xrxca;36308
Not that works with the current versions, however the Message Label plugin can sort of do what you want but only for one of Subject, Sender, Recipient

What I do if I'm looking for all messages with a subject containing something is create a new label in the settings/labels section for that subject match in all folders and then click on the label under the main folder list and I should get what I was looking for, then I delete the label when I'm done.  (Not the simplest, but it does work.)

You are absolutely right, Message Label plugin consist full search mechanism. If you need you may alter the given plugin in full search plugin :)