Author Topic: text lost when in the middle of replying to a message  (Read 2377 times)

Offline ddoer

text lost when in the middle of replying to a message
« on: September 17, 2011, 07:59:31 AM »
Not sure what key sequence I'm hitting, but 3 times in a row the text of my not-yet-completed reply to a message was lost when I was thrown back to the reply screen (as if I hadn't typed any characters in my reply yet).

Possible clue... I'm also hitting some key sequences that:

1. highlight all the text (I assume CTRL-A)
  2. bump up the font size  (I assume CTRL-+)

I'm a user not an admin, so not sure what version of RC it is... but since RC is a new option for us I assume a current version.

Any ideas??
thanks in advance.

Offline ddoer

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 08:23:59 AM »
Another clue -- I just found the 3 messages in the draft folders of SquirrelMail, the email app we can also use.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 03:33:17 AM »
Possible clue... I'm also hitting some key sequences that:

1. highlight all the text (I assume CTRL-A)
2. bump up the font size (I assume CTRL-+)

this is a little odd, you are the one pressing the keys right? so you must know what you did. unless either there is something very odd in your install or there is a plugin which is doing it then I dont think this is a roundcube issue. it is possible that you are either pressing the backspace key by accident or pressing the reload key (which ever that is for your browser)?

if i were you i'd go ask the admin, may be other people have had similar problems and he already knows about it or may be ther is a plugin which is doing something you dont know about.

Another clue -- I just found the 3 messages in the draft folders of SquirrelMail, the email app we can also use.

sounds right, draft messages are automatially saved periodically.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦