Author Topic: Interface Stops responding after upgrade from 0.5.4 to 0.6  (Read 2956 times)

Offline dweimer

• http://www.dweimer.net/
Interface Stops responding after upgrade from 0.5.4 to 0.6
« on: September 29, 2011, 08:37:27 PM »
I have just upgraded my installation from 0.5.4 to 0.6, after the upgrade the interface appears to stop responding after changing folders.  All the messages are displayed, the server doesn't seem to log any errors, and after the issue occurs clicking any other folders, or any of the icons doesn't even generate an entry in the Apache access log, so it appears that it issue is occurring on the client side.

After lots of clicking I have discovered that you can still open messages, and that clears the problem, until you change folders again.  It doesn't do it every time, but it does it probably 3 of 4 tries.  If the folder you are in doesn't have any message, refreshing the entire page in the browser will work, when you do this it does revert back to the previous folder.  Its almost as if something isn't loading all the way after you change folders.  However the browser isn't currently trying to download additional data and is sitting idle.

Has anyone else ran into this, or have any ideas on what I can do to troubleshoot it?

System information:
Server:
FreeBSD 8.2 fully updated and patched.
Apache 2.2.21 and PHP 5.3.8 installed from ports, ports all updated to latest version.
Database is PostgreSQL 9.1.0 also installed from ports.
RoundCube is running within https Apache is built with OpenSSL 1.0.0e also installed from ports.
Email is handled on the localhost with Cyrus IMAP 2.4.11 and Sendmail SMTP 8.14.4 for mail delivery, sending and receiving works when the user interface is responding.
RoundCube is pretty much the only thing on the system that wasn't installed from ports 0.5.4 was working ok except the ... subject problem that others have had after the upgrade to Firefox 7 on the client.
Client:
Windows 7 x64 pro, also fully updated.
Problem occurs on both IE9 and Firefox 7

Offline ediaz

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 10:56:42 AM »
Is a upgrade or a new install.

For my experience, delete caches and index, make a new install for files (clear all) and only keep the database.

regards!

Offline dweimer

• http://www.dweimer.net/
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 03:59:24 PM »
Yes it was done using the upgrade procedure.  Steps I took:
Created a bzip2 compressed tar archive of current directory
Created a full database dump
Extracted roundcube-0.6.tar.gz
cd roundcube-0.6
./bin/installto.sh ../webmail
followed up with post install actions.

Tried again using manual upgrade process since there were problems
No Change

I did try again today by deleting the new directory, doing a fresh extraction of the roundcube-0.6.tar.gz
renamed the directory to webmail, extracted the config/main.inc.php and config/db.inc.php files from the archive of my original backup of my webmail folder.  Everything appears to be working OK now after that process, though its missing the calendar and filter plugins I had before, guess its time to figure out how to re-enable those.