Author Topic: RC on Win / IIS6  (Read 4189 times)

Offline yinrunning

RC on Win / IIS6
« on: November 28, 2006, 07:52:45 PM »
I just installed RoundCube latest release on Windows 2003 / IIS 6.0. I have PHP5 / MySQL5 on the machine. I'm receiving quite a few errors and had to explicitly set one of the database fields to "Null" instead of "Not Null" ( I think it was users.preferences ) to log in at all. Does this sound normal? Do many people use this interface on Windoze? Have i just not read enough of the non-existent Manual?

btw, Documentation on this thing? meh. Could definitely use some TLC. I looked at "Config Values" on the wiki and there was, like 4 out of the 20+ possible. And no, I don't think that's what's in the Config comments are enough by a long shot for a non-trivial installation.

Errors include:
- User email address isn't populated when sending mail, and even when explicitly entered, RC returns "No From Address" in the error log.
- Cannot create a new Contact
- Aforementioned Login issues.

I'm sure there are more. Only played with it for 15 minutes or so before I called it a day.

I wish I had a Linux box to put it on ( and in general ), but Windoze is what I've got for now. The Requirements list Apache and something else ( can't quite remember, but it wasn't IIS ) as a requirement. I figured that was largely academic.

Gotta say that although I am a Linux user and a huge OOS-pusher, I think that ignoring Windows as a platform ( if that's indeed the case ) will undercut possible userbase by a huge amount. There's a good reason why all the big OOS projects run on both. I like the project from what I've seen of it and would love to see it grow and mature.

As of the moment, I'm going to read through some of the forums and the wiki and play with the config some more, but right now this is looking like an experiment and not a long-term solution for what I need.

Thoughts, Comments?

Offline Slug

Re: RC on Win / IIS6
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 08:26:52 AM »
Well I can tell you I'm running RC on windows 2003 with IIS6.... works for me :P

what mail server are you using ???

Michael
Roundcube SVN 1335|PHP 5.2.4|hMailServer 5|Win 2003 SP2|IIS 6

Offline yinrunning

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 10:58:07 AM »
hMailServer

Offline Slug

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 10:44:57 PM »
So am I, the only difference is I'm using MySQL4. did you use the correct database script to set up the tables ?

Michael
Roundcube SVN 1335|PHP 5.2.4|hMailServer 5|Win 2003 SP2|IIS 6