Author Topic: Gmail imap performance  (Read 4050 times)

Offline wastedbrain

Gmail imap performance
« on: July 14, 2011, 10:34:57 AM »
Hi,
I'm using roundcube to connect to some gmail accounts. It's ok when I use an account with few mails. If I use an account with lots of mails roundcube is very very very slow.

Is there a way speed up the client?

thanks,
Davide

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Gmail imap performance
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 11:07:27 AM »

Offline Carrot Cruncher

Gmail imap performance
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 11:50:46 AM »
hi. i've noticed that as my gmail account is getting larger that rc seems to be getting slower. after turning on debugging and checking the logs it appears to be caused the number of imap calls and the varying time it takes to get a response. i've set both imap_cache and messages_cache to db thinking that this would reduce the number of imap calls required but i'm still seeing calls to retrieve messages that i've seen inserted into the messages table of the db. with these options set, shouldn't rc retrieve a message from cache if it is available rather than retrieving it from the imap server and thus i should see a select from the db rather that an imap fetch, or have i completely misunderstood ? cheers.

Offline alec

Gmail imap performance
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 03:25:36 AM »
You could try with svn-trunk version where caching has been improved. Keep in mind that Roundcube doesn't caches mail bodies only headers. In svn-trunk version bodies are cached up to 25kB in size.