Author Topic: SVN 291 Preview Pane  (Read 4114 times)

Offline vgranieri

SVN 291 Preview Pane
« on: December 03, 2006, 09:24:23 AM »
I love the new preview pane. Works great on IE6 and Firefox. As mentioned in another post small Bug in IE7.0.

One other issue is when an email is deleted in preview pane the contents in preview still appear until another email is selected. Also if you select another folder the preview pane still displays the last email you were reading in the previous folder.

Offline Scubes13

Re: SVN 291 Preview Pane
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 07:16:00 PM »
At SVN 400 and I still have the same issue.

Would be nice if you moved to another folder or if you deleted a message for it to re-display the image that it shows when you first login.

Kevin L.

Offline zyzzyvas

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 11:23:22 PM »
On a related note...what is that initial image supposed to BE? Other than a waste of bandwidth? I'd rather if the pane were just blank to begin with, and any time a message is deleted.

Better yet, when a message is deleted, the next message could be highlighted and previewed.

Offline Scubes13

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 02:08:09 AM »
I agree. I know it is the same image that is shown in the address book before you select a contact. Beyond that, I have no clue what the image is....

I was thinking, if you were using the preview pane, why not be able to use that area to perhaps do like Thunderbird or Outlook and provide an overview of your folders/account/quota/etc....

Or maybe be able to customize that portion to push announcements to your users from somewhere in the database.....

Just, if I am gonna push data, rather make some sort of usefulness out of it.

Thoughts??

Kevin L.