Author Topic: MarkasJunk2 and Spamassassin (The Novel).  (Read 7932 times)

Offline theone

MarkasJunk2 and Spamassassin (The Novel).
« on: November 23, 2011, 01:04:43 PM »
Hello guys,
   I came here after spent many time read the posts about “markasjunk2” plugin on this forum, anyway any information can bring me a solution, Before I decide to post I tried by myself to get on debug’s files any evidence to solve my issue but, no success until now.
   Believe me, everything seems to be perfect, but the plugin doesn’t work properly for me. :(
My scenario : Slackware 13.37 / Nginx / PHP-CGI / Postfix (with PFA) + Dovecot + Spamassassin:
The spamassassin seems to be work normal, it’s can (MARK) the e-mails as SPAM and put in it the FLAG ***SPAM** like is set on local.cf, the connector works great with dovecot with no conflict between (dovecot + SpamAssassin):
Connector on master.cf:
dovecot-spamass unix - n n - - pipe flags=DRhu null_sender=postmaster@mydomain.com user=mail:mail argv=/usr/bin/spamc -u ${recipient} -e /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d ${recipient}
**** The Postfix and Dovecot is OK, I can sent and receive messages with no troubles and with no error on log files (nginx.log (error)/ spamd.log / maillog / marasjunk2).
When I receive a SPAM with flag ***SPAM*** on my roundcube, I use the (ICON) mark as junk, its send the files to JUNK and on output of (LOG) marasjunk2 I got this: (REAL PASTE):
[23-Nov-2011 15:02:51 -0200]: sa-learn --dbpath /root/.spamassassin/ --username=lfm@smgroup.com.br --spam /var/www/vhosts/smgroup/temp/rcmSALearnEBrZHr
[23-Nov-2011 15:02:51 -0200]: array (
  0 => 'Learned tokens from 1 message(s) (1 message(s) examined)',
)

*********** Ok, after it, I send (OTHER SPAM) at the same spammer servers, with the same content, the SpamAssassin put the falg ***SPAM*** but the message goes directly to INBOX folder : (  It’s so hard to comprehend.  I’m really don’t know where I’m going wrong….  For this reason I’m here to ask your help guys.

Thanks so much, and Best regards from Brazil for all.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 01:13:30 PM »
do you have filtering rules setup in dovecot to tell it to put messages which are marked as spam into your spam folder?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline theone

MarkasJunk2 and Spamassassin (The Novel Eps. II).
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 01:48:51 PM »
Quote from: JohnDoh;37405
do you have filtering rules setup in dovecot to tell it to put messages which are marked as spam into your spam folder?

Friend,
To be true, “not”. I don't have any special rules on it, but what I expected from this plugin is after use the button (Mark as Junk) all e-mails from the (Sppamer user or domain) goes automatic to blacklist db.
I can doing the wrong method, if you know the best practice for it bro, let me know.. What I really want is simple: When the message comes with score higher than 5 comes with FLAG [SPAM] and it’s goes directly to spam folder, If the user recognize it like a (false positive) the user can use “Mark as HAM”, and it’s go back to whitelist and the flag [SPAM] go away automatic… It’s the same from any mail service, and I hope it’s can be possible with roundcube + markasjunk2 .
Thanks,
One.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 03:11:54 AM »
tha markasjunk2 plugin can be used to add/remove senders from the blacklist but thats it. to have the message delivered to a different folder you'll need some kind of filtering setup.

Offline theone

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 06:25:32 AM »
Quote from: JohnDoh;37413
tha markasjunk2 plugin can be used to add/remove senders from the blacklist but thats it. to have the message delivered to a different folder you'll need some kind of filtering setup.

:confused:

- Ok friend, so can you tell me how? have you a tutorial or link about it ? I think the Postfix + Dovecot and Spamassassin can do it by design.

Thanks.

One

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 03:10:09 AM »
i would have dovecot filter the messages, search for dovecot and sieve.