Author Topic: 0.6.0 and 0.7-beta problems  (Read 2813 times)

Offline andrej81

0.6.0 and 0.7-beta problems
« on: December 10, 2011, 03:35:27 AM »
Solved: There's a new .htaccess in the /program folder, and .htaccess usage is disabled on the mailserver. I think it would be much better if only one main .htaccess would be used, which is in the root directory and could be simply copied to the apache config.

First, I tried to update my roundcube 0.5.2 to 0.6.0 and it gives me really strange errors. The most important is that it simply won't show any emails just the folder list on the left panel. I check and regarding the logs it won't even load the email from imap, just lists the folders. The very same is the situation with a clean install and after update.

When I fed up with 0.6 I tried 0.7. With the 0.7 I ran the installer and everything was green OK with it, however It's much worse. The login is OK but it gives back the login dialog. In the debug log the roundcube simply stops imap conversation after namespace query.

There are no PHP errors, and no roundcube errors visible.

The other main problem is that the UI has display problems. For example the mail composer dialog textarea is completely out of it's place and I cannot choose the options in the Settings menu. Yes I've tried to clear cache, reload and everything else that I could thought of.

The following software is on the server:
- IMAP: Dovecot 1.2
- PHP: 5.2.x (stock hardy packages)
- eAccelerator also used in PHP
- Webserver: Apache 2.2 (stock hardy packages)

If anyone has any idea please tell. :) Of course if you need the exact IMAP conversation log or sql log I can post them.

P.S: I've successfully installed the 0.6.0 roundcube on FreeBSD with lighttpd and PHP 5.3 with a really old Courier IMAP server.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 07:49:50 AM by andrej81 »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 03:04:24 AM »
What where the really strange errors you got when you tried to update from 0.5.2 to 0.6.0? When styling is messed up most of time its due to missing or corrupted files, check to make sure all of the css files are there.

Offline andrej81

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 03:29:29 AM »
Quote from: skaero;37589
What where the really strange errors you got when you tried to update from 0.5.2 to 0.6.0? When styling is messed up most of time its due to missing or corrupted files, check to make sure all of the css files are there.

Currently I have the 0.7 installed as a test, but It won't got through the login panel. :) It's really look like as if roundcube couldn't find some files, but I couldn't beleive that. :) I always do the roundcube upgrade with only upgrading the database and make a clean install of the files itself.

With 0.6 the strange was that in the mail composing dialog the main textarea was off place.

I have some ideas, but I can only test them from tuesday.