Author Topic: How to log in with my email-address  (Read 3039 times)

Offline Rank

How to log in with my email-address
« on: December 12, 2011, 06:27:14 AM »
Hello people,

i have installed the last version of roundcube 0.6 in a private server, the installation went good and i can actually log in with a new created email-account/password. The problem is: i would to login with my email-address (e.g. myname@domain.com) rather than with the email-account (wp000001-myname). The other thing is, when I log in with my email account and I sent a message, the addressee won't be able to see my real email-address but just something like wp000001.myname@domain.com.

I am really not an expert with php-scritps, but I thing the answer should be in main.inc.php. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 07:38:50 AM »
Most IMAP server accept the name@example.com format to login, if that doesn't work you'll need to look into changing your IMAP server settings. To change what email is displayed when people receive your emails you can change the email the the identity section in the RoundCube settings.

Offline Rank

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 09:11:14 AM »
Hi Skaero,

thank you for the information. Unfortunately,  think i can not change my IMAP-server setting, I have a rented server bei hosteurope, and still I cannot login with my email-address, it seems not to be the default option in my roundcube installation :(

I can change within the setting>identities my display_name, but that won't fix the issue with the email-address, even if I changed the display_name of my identity the same e-mail will remain what is really confusing in the praxis, because now my email is a combination between my username(email-account) und the domain, e.g. wp00001-myname@domain.com and not the added email (e.g. myname@domain.com)

I want to create my own webmail, but it will be confusing for the user if the y have: email, username, password. The should be abel to login just with the email and password.

PLease, is there a way to fix?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 01:44:36 PM »
It would be settings on the imap server not RoundCube, your best bet maybe to contact your host and ask them for help.

Offline Rank

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 08:27:01 AM »
OK, i'll ask the company.
Thanks