Author Topic: Updates Three Column Modification to Default Theme  (Read 13392 times)

Offline Jaime_Pomales

Updates Three Column Modification to Default Theme
« on: December 31, 2011, 12:26:51 PM »
Here's is the updated 0.7 three column default layout.  I am uploading the two patches for mail.css and templates/mail.html as well as the complete zipped modified theme.  There were a few changes and modifications that I think exposed a couple of layout bugs from previous patches.  This update is tighter and more explicit.  Enjoy.  If you want to see the exact lines changes, just take a look at the patch files to see what is different from the default 0.7 theme.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1803[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1804[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1805[/ATTACH]

Offline Jaime_Pomales

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 09:21:46 AM »
There were no changes to the default skin from 0.7 to 0.7.1 so these patches and files are completely compatible with 0.7.1.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 10:23:23 AM »
Hi. I have turned your patch into a plugin, that makes it a bit more update proof. The plugin adds an option to the mailbox setting page so that the user can choose if the preview pane should be below or on the right of the message list. If you set the option in the main RC config file you can set the default (see README). The plugin will work for the default skin in 0.7 or above and also for larry in SVN trunk r5847 or above.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline tborder

Re: Updates Three Column Modification to Default Theme
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 04:00:11 PM »
I have some trouble with Google Chrome. If I enter a page with empty box 'show preview', and then check the box 'show preview' - everything is ok. But if I enter the page with already checked box, or refresh the page after checking, it looks at that:

Offline Jaime_Pomales

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 12:12:18 PM »
Hi. I have turned your patch into a plugin, that makes it a bit more update proof. The plugin adds an option to the mailbox setting page so that the user can choose if the preview pane should be below or on the right of the message list. If you set the option in the main RC config file you can set the default (see README). The plugin will work for the default skin in 0.7 or above and also for larry in SVN trunk r5847 or above.

That's awesome, John.  For some reason, I didn't get some of these replies as email (as I don't check the boards very often), so sorry for not getting back to you.  I was just updating the skin for the new 0.8.1 version when I came here and saw your post.  I just tried out your plugin and it doesn't seem to be compatible with 0.8.1.  I get a completely blank screen.  I am going to dig into this and see what is going on.  In the meantime, here are the updated patches for the classic skin.

Offline Jaime_Pomales

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 05:42:41 PM »
I see what is going on with the threecol plugin.  It seems there's been a structural change to roundcube's ui framework via rcube_utils, no?  This exists in git, but not in 0.8.1.  Can you recommend a threecol plugin that is compatible with the current release?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 02:45:30 AM »
yea I started working on it after all the rc framework stuff had been added to the git-master so there never was a rc-0.8 version. backporting it is trivial though if you know the rc code so i've made an rc-0.8 branch in the repo now that should work.

Offline Jaime_Pomales

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 10:32:24 AM »
Nope, still doesn't work rcube::get_instance is still in there. 

I'll admit, I have only dabbled with the plugin framework thus far, but I have been/and will be going through the docs to get up to speed on all of this. 

I definitely think roundcube is here to stay and worth the effort to contribute more.  I've been burned by other projects in the past, but it seems to me that roundcube is starting to become a killer app in the webmail space.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 11:05:35 AM »
are you sure you downloaded the files from the correct branch? there is no mention of rcube::get_instance in there

this is the one: https://github.com/JohnDoh/Roundcube-Plugin-Threecol-Layout/tree/rc-0.8

Offline Jaime_Pomales

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 11:18:51 AM »
Yeah, weird.  I thought I had selected that branch then clicked on the downloads button, but I guess the tgz button leads back to the main branch.  Anyway, I see that there is a button to a zip file for the current branch one is viewing and I now have the correct files.

Works great even with the new larry theme.   Appreciate the effort. 

Offline zachol

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 03:23:33 PM »
Excellent plugin!

Is there a way to set "right" as default value for all NEW accounts, leaving current user settings to whatever they have selected? I don't want to force this setting upon any user.

Regards 

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 03:17:55 AM »
The readme says how to set it as the default but I think that will change it for all users not just new ones please try it and see. Another way might be to use the user_create hook to detected when a user logs in for the first time and set the option there.