Author Topic: Is Roundcube the right platform?  (Read 3178 times)

Offline mksarc

Is Roundcube the right platform?
« on: January 02, 2012, 03:20:59 PM »
Hi,
I am a new user of Roundcube and have a couple of questions I wondered if you could help me with. I wanted to provide an email hosting service for my organization that potentially will number into the thousands within a short period. I chose Roundcube as that platform, but I am not sure that it is what I thought it to be. Question 1: Does Roundcube provide a portal where users can create their own email account like Google, MSN, Yahoo and others. (This is what I was trying to create) In other words, is Roundcube the right platform for a website that allows anyone to create an email account. ie: me@mydomain.com, myemployee@mydomain.com, nextperson@mydomain.com, anyperson@mydomain.com, etc.? Question 2: If Roundcube is not the right platform, can you direct me to an open source software program that is? Thank you!
mksarc

Offline oldschool

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 06:50:33 PM »
RC is not a platform.
RC ist a [G]raphical ser nterface.

If you want to make a service as described you have to build up a server (or more) with services that do all you want...
RC would be an option as a gui for this.

Rgds.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 06:54:03 PM by oldschool »

Offline mksarc

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 09:23:58 AM »
Thanks for your reply. I think I am understanding this a little more now, but was wondering if you could give me a little more description on how RC fits into the picture. As a GUI, how does RC allow random people to create there own email? Or does it?

What I am trying to create is a website where people can create therir own email account with my website as the @ location, such as: newuser@mydomain.com. Where would I look for instructions to do this?

Thank you for your patience and help!

Rgds.

Offline oldschool

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 12:01:00 PM »
Search for a pro to help you...

Rgds.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 09:41:41 PM »
RoundCube is just a webmail client, it doesn't have the capability to create email accounts.