Author Topic: S/MIME (PKCS #7) Support (e-mail authentication, encryption & signing)  (Read 11218 times)

Offline vanbroup

Hi all,

I really like Roundcube, and I would like to implement it in our environment (with a lot of thousands accounts). We would like to see Roundcube supporting S/MIME e-mail authentication, encryption & signing with official CA certificates.

S/MIME provides the following cryptographic security services for electronic messaging applications: authentication, message integrity and non-repudiation of origin (using digital signatures) and privacy and data security (using encryption). S/MIME specifies the application/pkcs7-mime (smime-type "enveloped-data") type for data enveloping (encrypting): the whole (prepared) MIME entity to be enveloped is encrypted and packed into an object which subsequently is inserted into an application/pkcs7-mime MIME entity.

S/MIME functionality is built into the vast majority of modern e-mail software and interoperates between them.

PHP is supporting S/MIME (PKCS #7) since PHP 4 >= 4.0.6, PHP 5

For more info about S/MIME see Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S/MIME

Regards,

Paul

Offline houchin

I second this feature request, with a priority significantly higher than PGP encryption.

Offline Josef

while I would prefer PGP, I could live with S/MIME too.
But some sort of encryption should be added!

Offline stevenD

S/MIME (PKCS #7) Support (e-mail authentication, encryption & signing)
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 05:37:19 AM »
Is S/MIME support on the roadmap for Roundcube at the moment?

Offline BUGHUNTER

S/MIME (PKCS #7) Support (e-mail authentication, encryption & signing)
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 04:13:28 PM »
Hi, any news on this?