Author Topic: Attachment file extensions case sensitive!?  (Read 2466 times)

Offline centroniker

Attachment file extensions case sensitive!?
« on: January 13, 2012, 04:55:04 AM »
Hello,

we have a problem. When we try to attach files with extension in capital letters (i.e. *.JPG) it is not possible to import the uploaded pic into the email. If we upload it in "normal" form (as .jpg) we can choose the pic from the import screen (see attached screenshot) but the dropdown menue misses if the file extension is in capital letters (but the file is uploaded and attached).

We know that there is a fix for this: Change line 19 of editor_images.js to "if (fname.match(/\.(bmp|gif|png|jpg|jpeg)$/i))"
This fix is not working for us. The problem is still there and we can't find another solution for this.

Thank you in advance for every answear.

Kind regards
centroniker

Offline alec

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 05:38:55 AM »
Works for me. So, it must be something wrong with attachment mime type detection in your installation.

Offline centroniker

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 12:01:58 PM »
We already tested mime type detection with a fixed list of extensions like described in some forum thread (regrettably forgot to save the link). That didn't work either.

Since we haven't been able to find any solution for this problem, we ended up in updating to the newest version. Now everything is fine.