Author Topic: RoundCube on Windows Server 2008 w/SQL Server Express 2008 Issues  (Read 3626 times)

Offline dp22193

I am having problems with getting RoundCube to work with SQL Server Express 2008 on Windows Server 2008.  I want to use RoundCube with hMailServer which I have successfully installed and have running.

The issue I am having is that the when running the install, no matter what I do, I can't get the Check DB Config to return OK.  I get  NOT OK(MDB2 Error: not found).  I have tried different versions of the the connect string to no avail.  I have found many different discussions about this problem but none of the solutions seem to work.  A lot of these solutions indicate that I have to install this DLL or make this config change and many contradict each other.  I'm at the point now of trying to install the SQL Server driver for PHP which will require me to stop the SQL Server Express server which is currently in use by my production website.

Does anyone know the actual steps required to get RoundCube to work with SQL Server Express 2008?

Also, I initially had problems with the logs and temp folder configuration.  Again, a lot of contradicting discussions out there, specifically whether or not to provide a full path.  I initially specified a full path and I got the dreaded "NOT OK".  After trying different permissions, I went back to the default "logs/" and "temp/" entries and I got the "OK".  The problem is that there aren't any log files in the logs folder.  I would expect to see a log file given the issues with the database.  Is there a way to test the logging?  Will the default entries work for Windows Server 2008?

Thanks.