Author Topic: Where is the Spam Info stored  (Read 4352 times)

Offline stormsh

Where is the Spam Info stored
« on: July 27, 2013, 06:23:47 AM »
Hello there,
if I get an unwanted email and press the "Spam"-Button in RC, where is this info stored? In the Spamassassins info of my webserver (Ubuntu with plesk 10.5) or does RC have it's own Anti-Spam list?

Thx 4 F1.

sh.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Where is the Spam Info stored
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 01:48:05 PM »
RoundCube doesn't store spam information, if the mark as junk button is hooked but to the server it will store the information somewhere there.

Offline stormsh

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 05:33:52 PM »
Ok, thanks, then I will go hunting for the storage place. If I find anything, I'll let you know.

sh.

EDIT:
Seems that the "markasjunk2" plugin does the work. But to get it to work with the Spamassassin, it requires the "SAUserPrefs plugin".
But still then, the actual info is stored in a database of that plugin, and not within the servers spamassassin db.
I'll see if I can get it to work somehow. Might take some time...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 06:04:48 PM by stormsh »

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 06:47:13 AM »
Seems that the "markasjunk2" plugin does the work. But to get it to work with the Spamassassin, it requires the "SAUserPrefs plugin".
But still then, the actual info is stored in a database of that plugin, and not within the servers spamassassin db.
I'll see if I can get it to work somehow. Might take some time...

I think you have not read the instruction for either the markasjunk2 or sauserprefs plugin.

markasjunk2: moves messages between the inbox and junk folders with the option of different drivers which can be loaded to teach your spam filtering system about what is spam and ham. you are correct, one of these drivers, sa_blacklist, also needs the sauserprefs plugin installed.

sauserprefs: provides an interface for users to manage their sauserprefs settings. it does not have its own database or do anything to detect spam. it must be configured to connect to your existing spamassassin settings stored in a database. if your spamassassin is not configured to keep user settings in a database then it will not do anything.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦