Poll

What would you rate this forum on a scale of 1 to 5 ?

40 (31.5%)
45 (35.4%)
28 (22%)
7 (5.5%)
7 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Vote for RoundCube Forum!  (Read 68515 times)

Offline Prasad1337

• Global Moderator
Vote for RoundCube Forum!
« on: December 09, 2006, 04:49:57 AM »
What would you rate this forum on a scale of 1 to 5 ?

Remember, dont vote for the activity or the statistics of the forum,
but for its layout and the boards in the forum and its integrated look as per RoundCube as well as all the work Brett has employed in making the portal and other things in this forum, as well as all other general features of the forum and the community.

Also state your reason by posting for your vote.

Once again a 5 from me :)

-Prasad.

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
Re: Vote for RoundCube Forum!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 11:50:33 AM »
I give it a 2 right now... only because I know what lies ahead ;) Something much better, much more interesting, and a whole new ball-game :D

I'm starting development of it (right now, after I finish this post actually) and hopefully will get 50% of it done today by 4 ;)

Offline Prasad1337

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 03:01:58 AM »
Quote from: Brett
I give it a 2 right now... only because I know what lies ahead ;) Something much better, much more interesting, and a whole new ball-game :D

I'm starting development of it (right now, after I finish this post actually) and hopefully will get 50% of it done today by 4 ;)
cool! Thats awesome to hear :D

Offline dogcow

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 05:39:08 PM »
I give 4. It has its uses.

Offline Ateo

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 05:30:42 AM »
new to roundcube. checking out forums, saw this post...

They are decent forums. I gave it a 3 because it works and because it's not busy and full of mods like other boards.

Offline maff130

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 04:53:42 PM »
I give it a 4 because I managed to mostly set up roundcube thanks to this, but not a 5 because I posted a topic about my final problem and it hasnt been replied or viewed in more than an hour, which I hate, because I am impatient

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 07:23:32 PM »
They are decent forums. I gave it a 3 because it works and because it's not busy and full of mods like other boards.
Thanks for the compliment. By keeping the mods down, I keep the speed of the board up. Too many mods for somewhat useless things (like karma or extra sig space or whatever) tends to slow down the board. Don't worry, I'll add some if you find that the features are needed.

but not a 5 because I posted a topic about my final problem and it hasnt been replied or viewed in more than an hour, which I hate, because I am impatient
Understandable. But you have to remember, we're not here all the time just waiting to answer questions, we have other things to do.

Offline Choto Cheeta

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 04:10:14 PM »
Would have voted , but waiting for one answer.. whether it is possible to format the outgoing emails or not ?? i dont see any format tool bar while composing :(

Offline jayeshr

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 11:17:20 AM »
I give it a 5 because i think that concerning the work you've done by making the webmail project, then the forum doesn't have to be perfect but right now its pretty gud!
Visit Planet-Downloads.com

Offline rcpalace

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 12:06:17 PM »
I gave it a 3 for a reason, I think the mybb forum is a better forum software, but I can't wait to see that surprise.
Regards.

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 12:54:46 PM »
I have to disagree. This Comparison matrix shows SMF as having more moderation and anti-spam features than myBB, and I find the SMF code-base a whole lot easier to handle than MyBB.

But that little surprise is coming along nicely. Not sure when exactly I'll finish, but it will be a good surprise :)

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 04:16:57 PM »
Nice link, Thanks! I have also found that mybb is harder to code for and has a less stable code base.

Offline rcpalace

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 11:23:17 AM »
I have to disagree. This Comparison matrix shows SMF as having more moderation and anti-spam features than myBB, and I find the SMF code-base a whole lot easier to handle than MyBB.

But that little surprise is coming along nicely. Not sure when exactly I'll finish, but it will be a good surprise :)

Hi, the link you provided had outdated information. Check it out again it has been updated as of today.
Regards.

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2007, 11:31:41 AM »
Well, technically their SMF info is outdated as well. 2.0 has more features than listed, is free, and is of the same quality as vB or IPB.

myBB still doesn't allow WAP access, still no pruning or archiving, need a plugin for the WYSIWYG (SMF 2.0 doesn't have plug-in, it's built in). I still see no reason to switch to myBB.

yeah, plus it looks like myBB is just a hack of older phpBB code with AJAX thrown in....

Offline rcpalace

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 12:48:22 AM »
Well, technically their SMF info is outdated as well. 2.0 has more features than listed, is free, and is of the same quality as vB or IPB.

myBB still doesn't allow WAP access, still no pruning or archiving, need a plugin for the WYSIWYG (SMF 2.0 doesn't have plug-in, it's built in). I still see no reason to switch to myBB.

yeah, plus it looks like myBB is just a hack of older phpBB code with AJAX thrown in....

I'm not trying to make you switch, I was just adding a point. Although I do beg to differ, mybb was built from scratch, however mybb is still very young and it just needs some time to improve. Btw, I love the e-mail system, I can't wait to get it running on my server.  :D