Miscellaneous > Forum Feedback

Vote for RoundCube Forum!

<< < (3/5) > >>

bpat1434:
I have to disagree. This Comparison matrix shows SMF as having more moderation and anti-spam features than myBB, and I find the SMF code-base a whole lot easier to handle than MyBB.

But that little surprise is coming along nicely. Not sure when exactly I'll finish, but it will be a good surprise :)

SKaero:
Nice link, Thanks! I have also found that mybb is harder to code for and has a less stable code base.

rcpalace:

--- Quote from: Brett ---I have to disagree. This Comparison matrix shows SMF as having more moderation and anti-spam features than myBB, and I find the SMF code-base a whole lot easier to handle than MyBB.

But that little surprise is coming along nicely. Not sure when exactly I'll finish, but it will be a good surprise :)

--- End quote ---

Hi, the link you provided had outdated information. Check it out again it has been updated as of today.
Regards.

bpat1434:
Well, technically their SMF info is outdated as well. 2.0 has more features than listed, is free, and is of the same quality as vB or IPB.

myBB still doesn't allow WAP access, still no pruning or archiving, need a plugin for the WYSIWYG (SMF 2.0 doesn't have plug-in, it's built in). I still see no reason to switch to myBB.

yeah, plus it looks like myBB is just a hack of older phpBB code with AJAX thrown in....

rcpalace:

--- Quote from: Brett ---Well, technically their SMF info is outdated as well. 2.0 has more features than listed, is free, and is of the same quality as vB or IPB.

myBB still doesn't allow WAP access, still no pruning or archiving, need a plugin for the WYSIWYG (SMF 2.0 doesn't have plug-in, it's built in). I still see no reason to switch to myBB.

yeah, plus it looks like myBB is just a hack of older phpBB code with AJAX thrown in....

--- End quote ---

I'm not trying to make you switch, I was just adding a point. Although I do beg to differ, mybb was built from scratch, however mybb is still very young and it just needs some time to improve. Btw, I love the e-mail system, I can't wait to get it running on my server.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version