Poll

What would you rate this forum on a scale of 1 to 5 ?

40 (31.5%)
45 (35.4%)
28 (22%)
7 (5.5%)
7 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Vote for RoundCube Forum!  (Read 68511 times)

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
Re: Vote for RoundCube Forum!
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 07:43:31 AM »
I'm not trying to make you switch
Good, cuz I wasn't going to :)

I was just adding a point
I know. And I was just adding my point that before I settled on SMF I ended up starting with phpBB (for like a week or two) while I researched better forum software. I even considered purchasing IPB perpetual license or vB Owned license. Ultimately I settled on SMF due to the cost, and how close it was to those other "enterprise" grade softwares.

Although I do beg to differ, mybb was built from scratch, however mybb is still very young and it just needs some time to improve
I'm sure in time it will either grow to out-do phpBB, or it will flounder much like many of the other BB software titles out there. It's a shame to see the projects die, but really lots of development needs to be put in so it can stay "ahead of the game".

Btw, I love the e-mail system, I can't wait to get it running on my server.
Great!! Glad you love the system.

Offline Sergio

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 12:45:48 PM »
Nice forum, waiting to see if questions are answered.

Regards.

Offline SoulManager

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 01:28:36 PM »
I gave it a 1
Poor support, very very bad english from some of the users that sometimes just make their posts unreadable.
Poor documentation and reference material.

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 10:44:10 PM »
SoulManager: Thanks for the honest input.

As for the support, not everyone here is a developer, and many users don't know PHP very well. So some try to help out where they can ;)

English isn't everyones first language, so sometimes you have to decipher meaning. That doesn't mean that I'd like people posting in their native language, but if they want to, they can. I'd just prefer that if you say something in another language, you try and give an English translation for it.

Documentation and references I can't really do anything about other than say, fix it :( It's a wiki, so if you have something you think should be added, feel free to edit the content to enhance it (if you can). This is a community supported project, so the best you can do is participate to make it better ;)

Offline BlueC

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2008, 02:53:13 PM »

Too many dumb questions from newbies. I think RC needs better documentation!

Offline sashamarar

Vote for RoundCube Forum!
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 10:51:51 PM »
I gave it 5 for the ambicious work of developers, but for RC i would give 4, as there is still some basic things missing. But the program itself is very simple and nice. Keep up the good work guys

Offline grooverdan

forum ratings
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2009, 12:57:37 AM »
I gave a rating not sure if 1 or 5 was the highest.

Joining up comments:

I found joining up that there was yet another registration after already completing trac and lists. Some integration would be nice. Yes I know its a bit hard. Alternately using something like openid to reduce the barrier of entry.

The other joining up hastle was I thought the number of antispam barriers was too much.

On what it is:

Seems like a good layout of Forums. Well done. There is some duplication between trac and here as far as feature requests and bugs. As long as that is managed well on the developer side I don't see too much of a problem.

Offline 19neo77

Vote for RoundCube Forum!
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 04:53:05 AM »
Bellissimo forum, speriamo migliori sempre di piĆ¹