Author Topic: RoundCube News: The new skin is now ready for testing  (Read 12958 times)

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
RoundCube News: The new skin is now ready for testing
« on: March 02, 2012, 01:36:25 PM »
The just released version 0.8-beta introduces the all new user interface design of Roundcube. The new skin codename "Larry" isn't enabled by default but you can easily enable and test the new look by setting $rcmail_config['skin'] = 'larry'; in your local config/main.inc.php file.

More...

Offline zoof

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 10:51:16 AM »
Lovely! I'm looking forward to the final release!

Offline flamewalker

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 06:15:05 PM »
Have it on test site... awesome job! Any kind of eta on stable release? ie a few months, 6 months+, a year or more? I know you can't give an exact date... just curious what kind of time frame.

Offline Coderx

Re: RoundCube News: The new skin is now ready for testing
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 01:03:15 PM »
its really beautiful .
thank you very much . i really liked it .:)
but would you set the font to tahoma for non english languages ? ( i mean when language is set to sth else , font switches to tahoma ) Farsi (my mother language ) looks way much better when it is in tahoma:)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 01:09:00 PM by Coderx »

Offline flamewalker

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 08:05:48 PM »
My boss and I really like it a lot!

Haven't found any issues yet... awesome work guys! Can't wait for a final release!

Offline Tayku

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 05:45:30 PM »
Hello!
I just had to reinstall (or at least move) Roundcube, so I took a look on the progress in the last months. I just discovered the new theme “larry”. Wonderful work! :) It is in many aspects a nice improvement. Icons are more standardized. The color scheme is … personally I hope it will be changed (it’s not a nice blue), but that is a matter of taste.

But what is a bad issue and really needs to be improved: the huge waste of screen space!
I compared with the default theme and with my compact default theme (where the two top bars have been merged, the margin narrowed). The latter only needs 63 pixels height from top to the first message in list. “larry” needs 158 (default theme: 108). The icons in the second task bar are nice but way too big. And where is the use for so much free space above/below? I personally don’t see why I should waste 50 or more pixels for nothing.
Secondly, the margins at the bottom are also too big. There is a full 30 pixel high line only for displaying some status messages sometime. Why don’t you just make an overlay like before? It could also be on the bottom (that is what I did in my custom default theme).
All in all it’s no good design to cramp everything as tight as it gets together. But wasting huge vertical spaces (monitors are more wide than high!) without need is also bad. It’s quite the same thing Google did … some kind of current fashion I guess? Design should not be prioritized. Function should.

So, before I can use this theme I have to strike out some unneccessary spaces … because I want to use the extra features. :) The text here is just to show that it won’t be good all in all. I think there is still time for changes and just want to say what’s good and what’s bad.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 05:53:36 PM by Tayku »

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 04:21:18 AM »
Can anyone tell me where is the option in Roundcube 0.8-rc to delete IDENTITIES? I have looked all over the place and I can't find a way to remove it from a user account...  My concern is that this is RC already and I can't find this option...

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 05:07:43 AM »
take a look at the bottom of the middle column, the one that lists the identies. you should see 2 icons. a + for adding a new one and a trash can for deleting the currently selected one.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 05:18:03 AM »
JohnDoh,

That's missing in 2 of my 0.8-rc installations. That's the reason why I'm asking. hmm... Wondering if there could be a plugin causing this problems.

updated:
Yeah, that's what it seems to be. Actually the plugins installed in my Roundcube are mostly your plugins I believe. Now I need to find exactly the one causing the problem.
updated:
Planner plugin seems to be the one causing the problem. I think I need some coffee now to wake myself up and stop posting before trying to find out what the problem is.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 05:28:05 AM by Yoni »

Offline oldschool

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 04:47:05 PM »
Simply a BIG RESPECT!
;D

Bug:
The following translation in de_DE-labels is missing:
$labels['deletejunk'] = 'Lösche Nachrichten im SPAM-Ordner';

Rgds.