Author Topic: implement a hassle free mechanism to change password in roundcube as a base feat  (Read 6693 times)

Offline Coderx

hello all again .
i would like to suggest that the password changing becomes a part of  the application and in the settings , the user be able to switch this feature on or off .
i know there is a plugin for this ( password ) , but i myself couldnt get this right after a full week of constant searching and trying every single solution out there on the net . and in meanwhile i saw alot of users like me suffering from the same issue .
i know roundcube doesnt create user accounts but i think , this feature should really be one of the basic features of a mail client .
for now , i had to give my users the address of my kloxo control panel , in order for them to change their passwords! and im not fond of it ! this actually raises alot of security risks IMHO.

and if there were a front end for setting configs when installing or after installation ( for any kind of alteration ) , it would be great . i mean, imagine an admin panel where the admin can easily change settings from one place and this just reduces the time for going through different files and set them on hand .

i know this is time consuming , but the later one is not that important , while the first suggestion is a must have to me .
Thank you all for all of your hard works for bringing us such a magnificent app
Regards
Hossein

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Theres no better way to do it because there is no one system to change the account password that works on every server so you'll always have to configure it to be able to connect to your system.

Offline Coderx

Thank you very much .
i didnt know that .
but would it not  be a lot simpler if there were a  unified Control panel , inwhich plugins have their own page and setting the configs would be alot easier ?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 09:17:45 AM by Coderx »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
That would add it own set of complications like specifying admin users who are aloud to edit plugin settings. Its possible but I think it would be better to keep the system light without to much extra bloat.