Author Topic: Help/advice wanted concerning upgrade to 7.2  (Read 4517 times)

Offline IBTB

Help/advice wanted concerning upgrade to 7.2
« on: March 26, 2012, 11:56:55 AM »
Hi!

First of all, I must say I have enjoyed using RoundCube as my main mail client for a few years now.

I installed 0.3 as my first version and have upgraded it once in a while since that. This weekend my first problem occured when I was trying to upgrade from 0.6 to 0.7.2.
Keep in mind it have been some years since I activly sat down with the computer every evening/night, so my computer knowledge is not exactly facing a possitive curve.

Anyways, problem 1:
After I upgraded (manually) to version 0.7.2 I can no longer see images within e-mails recieved. Like, pictures within the e-mail itself (like commercial from Sony for example). Images attached work flawlessly.
Earlier I got a choice to "Display images in this email" or something in the top of the email. This choice have vanished. I cannot find any option to get it back and I've tried to search both theese forums and google for answers. The problem for that might be I'm not quite sure what I am suppose to search for.

I've also read the changelog without seeing anything that mentions this (now remember english is not my first language, and I do not completely understand what I am looking for).

I am looking for any tips in what I could have done to cause this. Any tips is appriciated!

My second problem:
Before I started using roundcube, I was using Microsoft Outlook where I have a large folder-structure of orders and payments. Since I first installed roundcube, I've been wanting to keep my orders and payments in that folder structure on my computer, but still be able to view all emails from wherever over the internet. This is why I installed roundcube.
But I have never got it to work as I wanted. If I read a post in roundcube first, Outlook is no longer able to collect this email later on. While the other way it is working. If I read the mail in Outlook first, I still get it in roundcube after. My understanding of IMAP is that the email get stored at the IMAP server? Or am I wrong? Is there anything I can try to get roundcube to "leave a copy on the server"?

I hope anyone can give me any tips!
Everything will be greatly appriciated!

//IB

Offline IBTB

Re: Help/advice wanted concerning upgrade to 7.2
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 12:09:19 PM »
Not any tips?

Should I try to copy the files over once more? Should I check my config files? Should I be able to view them at all in 0.7.2?
Anything will help me alot, since I work very slow when it comes to searching for errors!  :o

//IB

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 12:18:58 PM »
1. Does it happen on a fresh install? It might be a config problem.
2. The problem is your using POP on Outlook it would really be much better to use IMAP but it would probably be difficult to switch now.

Offline IBTB

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 02:19:14 PM »
I've been focusing on my problem number 1.

I've looked through my config file and compared it with my old one(s). I see nothing new there that would make the images not appear. The setting $rcmail_config['show_images'] is set to 0, which means "Never show images, always ask".

But I've stumbled uppon some other problems as well now, so I guess there is something wrong with the installation itself.
I could not enter my addressbook (blank page, have not looked for any errors). And one time I got timed out while on that blank page. When I then logged back in again, the loginscript tried to redirect me to the page I had been on (it said in the url), the addressbook. When I got logged in, all my folders was messed up. Every sub-folder was showing up in the "root" menu.

So, I guess I can conclude there is something wrong with my installation.

The next question I have is: How do I proceed if I am gonna do a fresh install (if I want to keep all my addresses/mails/folders/settings) ? The mails will still remain on the IMAP server (if I have understood correctly?), but the rest is stored in the database, or?
If I replace all the files, would that count as a "fresh install", or do I have to remake the database as well?

//IB

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 03:07:02 PM »
You should only have to replace the files (assuming the database is correct) but it might be better to do it with a fresh database in a different folder just to check if that fixes the problem before working with the data.

Offline IBTB

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 04:12:42 PM »
A fresh install worked. So I replaced the files and now I got the option to show pictures in my mails again!  :)

But my folders are still messed up (see attached screenshot).
I also tried to create new folders (the thought was to move the mails into the new folders, that again was named as they should be), but they appeared with the letters ULL in front of them, and when I marked them I got a error, saying the folder didn't excist.

What can have happened here?
Since I allready replaced all files, it must be something in the database? Or is folder information stored on the IMAP server? My cache folders in the database is also empty.

Again, all tips is good help for me!  ::)

And thanks for the help so far! :)

//IB
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:15:27 PM by IBTB »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 04:38:14 PM »
The folders problem appears to be a namespace problem try setting $rcmail_config['imap_ns_personal'] in <RC root>/config/main.inc.php to "INBOX."

Offline IBTB

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 04:52:12 PM »
imap_ns_personal was set to "NULL".

Changed it to "INBOX" and this was the result (see screenshot).
The line below also got a NULL value, is this correct?
$rcmail_config['imap_delimiter'] = 'NULL';

When I think about it, I let the roundcube installer make my config files this time I upgraded. Every time else, I have manually updated it myself. Can this maybe be the problem? I got backup of my old file. Should I maybe try replace the current one with my backup?  :o

And thank you for all your replies SKaero!

//IB

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 01:25:48 AM »
$rcmail_config['imap_ns_personal'] should be set to  "INBOX." make sure to have the dot at the end. The other folder (the ones that start with ULL) should just be folders that were auto created and shouldn't have anything in them although you'd should verify that before deleting them. If you still have problems it wouldn't be a bad idea to  check your old configs and see if your missing something.

Offline IBTB

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 05:47:35 AM »
Been messing arround for some time now. And it allways ended up with wierd names and that ULL naming. E

The solution (as it was in my old config) was to remove everything in the string, leaving it as ''
Then it all showed up as it used to be! :)

Not gonna use the config file the roundcube installer suggests for me anymore.....  ;D

But I am happy now! Thank you again for all your help SKaero!

//IB