Author Topic: Initial Setup / Errors / 2003 Server FastCGI  (Read 4675 times)

Offline 64CAD

Initial Setup / Errors / 2003 Server FastCGI
« on: April 06, 2012, 03:02:09 PM »
I had lots of issues getting PHP working, but after trial and error, I finally have PHP up. The PHP.Net community had suggested using FastCGI, so that is the route I went with. I have a Windows 2003 Server machine using IIS6, PHP 5.4.0, and the only FastCGI I could find. Can't remember which version.

Anyway, I finally got RoundCube to at least show the login screen. When going through the initial setup, I was able to send and "login" to my hMailServer without issue. This was on the Test Config screen.

My Issue is that at first I was getting "invalid request. no data sent". Now I'm getting "HTTP/1.1 503 Server too busy Connection: close Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 18:51:43 GMT Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0 Content-Type: text/html Server Error, unable to connect to fastcgi server."

A hint may be that on the "Update Config" screen, I was never able to "update" the config files. I had to manually edit them with Notepad++. I verified that the service that runs php-cgi.exe had the proper permissions to all of the folders within RoundCube, but still have the issues.  I don't know if there is a step I missed or not, or if there is an issue with the versions of software I'm using. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline 64CAD

Re: Initial Setup / Errors / 2003 Server FastCGI
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 02:47:48 PM »
I did verify the DB is up and running. With create user on first login.... it did connect and create the record in the users table for the new user. But for some reason I get the 503 error unable to connect to fastcgi server.

What is wrong with the PHP setup?

Offline 64CAD

Re: Initial Setup / Errors / 2003 Server FastCGI
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 04:11:57 PM »
A little more research... apparantly FastCGI is old for version 4 of PHP. I wish someone told me this. I'm up and runnging now.