Author Topic: Mac OSX Lion Server, virtual aliases and Out-of-office reply  (Read 4407 times)

casperF

Mac OSX Lion Server, virtual aliases and Out-of-office reply
« on: April 25, 2012, 01:24:39 AM »
Hello,

I am using a mac OSX Lion Server installation and I am trying to get the out of office reply to work.
I am not using a plugin or anything - just making a filter rule that states that all messages should receive a reply message.

I have noticed that this only works for the email address that is directed to the server "directly", so something like abc@mail.server.com.
However I have a couple of domain names that I have set up using the postfixes virtual alias table and the e-mail address is actually abc@server.com or abc@otherdomain.com. Both are aliases to the same user account.

How can I set roundcube up to also react to messages sent to abc@server.com and abc@otherdomain.com?

Thanks
Casper

Online SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Mac OSX Lion Server, virtual aliases and Out-of-office reply
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 03:16:04 AM »
RoundCube doesn't do filters or auto reply messages, it would be a problem with the part of your setup that does that.

casperF

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 03:50:21 AM »
Ah... okay...

Well I just noticed in the URL that apparently a plugin called managesieve gets used for the filters...

Does that help in determining how to get it to work?

Online SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 05:25:56 AM »
Yes then in this case would be managesieve that would handel the filters and auto reply messages, but I haven't worked with it before so I can't be of much help.