Author Topic: autologout with countdown on inactivity  (Read 10589 times)

Offline bjiag0

autologout with countdown on inactivity
« on: April 26, 2012, 06:40:41 AM »
If there is a plugin for RC with automatic logout on inactivity of user? Or anything looked like that?

For example, user succesfully logged in RC, to see his email and after 9 minutes of inactivity (i.e. no buttons pressed no emails selected) RC loggs out, and during inactivity showing countdown timer.

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
Re: autologout with countdown on inactivity
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 08:58:04 AM »
There is. It is called idle_timeout and it allows you to log out users on inactivity. It displays a warning at specified time and logs out the inactive user x minutes after the warning has been displayed if the user has not interacted with the application.

If you are using Plugin Manager check the Plugin Manager Center to download it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:01:51 AM by Yoni »

Offline bjiag0

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 12:34:30 AM »
Thanx, Yoni, but I can't get Plugin Manager to work. I've downloaded it from http://code.google.com/p/myroundcube/downloads/detail?name=plugin_manager.zip and copied its content to my pluginfolder on server, modified /config/main.inc.php file $rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('global_config','plugin_manager'); as adviced in http://unlockforus.com/roundcube/plugins/installation but where is nothing new after logon to RC!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 09:25:46 AM by bjiag0 »

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 12:35:10 PM »
Please, enable Plugin Manager alone in your main.inc.php (You do not have global_config plugin configured yet. It will not load any plugin if you enable it in your main.inc.php because your global_config plugin is either missing or not yet configured).

Login into your RC and browse to Settings >> Manage Plugins

Let me know.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:37:32 PM by Yoni »

Offline bjiag0

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 01:16:23 PM »
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('plugin_manager'); and I can enter "Manage Plugins" but I can't check "idle_timeout"

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 01:36:26 PM »
Awesome! You are getting closer.

Now you need to configure Plugin Manager config.inc.php... look for:

/* Admin Account */
$rcmail_config['plugin_manager_admins'] = array('youremail@yourdomain.com', 'admin2@yourdomain.com');

Make sure your e-mail address is one of the admin accounts else you can't see the "update plugins" option in "Settings >> Manage Plugins"

Once you add your e-mail address to the plugin_manager configuration you will have a new option in your "Manage Plugins" section named "Update Plugins"... That's your Plugin Manager Center and from there you can download all and every Plugin you need for your plugin_manager to work properly.

The reason why you cannot enable it at this time is because idle_timeout plugin is not present in your .../Plugins installation folder   :)

Opss sorry, I think the size is a little bigger than what I was expecting...

« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:45:59 PM by Yoni »

Offline bjiag0

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 01:10:21 AM »
So if I'm right, $rcmail_config['smtp_user'] and $rcmail_config['plugin_manager_admins'] must point to the same account. I've made changes, downloaded plugins, uploaded them to my server, cheked box at idle_timeout, but there is settings for it? And why, everytime I log in with admin account I see page for selecting plugins to download?

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 04:41:55 AM »
So if I'm right, $rcmail_config['smtp_user'] and $rcmail_config['plugin_manager_admins'] must point to the same account. I've made changes, downloaded plugins, uploaded them to my server, cheked box at idle_timeout, but there is settings for it?

Not sure if you looked at your plugins configuration yet... idle_timeout plugin has the following options:

.../plugins/idle_timeout/config.inc.php

/* warn after (x) minutes after idle is detected */
$rcmail_config['idle_timeout_warning'] = 18;

/* logout after (x) minutes when logout warning has been displayed */
$rcmail_config['idle_timeout_logout'] = 2;

/* database table */
$rcmail_config['db_table_timeout'] = 'timeout';

And why, everytime I log in with admin account I see page for selecting plugins to download?
plugin_manager is not different than other plugins hence you must adjust its configuration as you do with each one of your plugins.

.../plugins/plugin_manager/config.inc.php

/* Show update page after login */
$rcmail_config['plugin_manager_show_updates'] = true;  <=== change its value to "false" and it won't display after every login:

$rcmail_config['plugin_manager_show_updates'] = false;

Offline bjiag0

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 12:24:47 AM »
$rcmail_config['plugin_manager_show_updates'] = false; helped me, but idle_tomeout still doesn't work

my /plugins/idle_timeout/config.inc.php is:

<?php
/* warn after (x) minutes after idle is detected */
$rcmail_config['idle_timeout_warning'] = 8;

/* logout after (x) minutes when logout warning has been displayed */
$rcmail_config['idle_timeout_logout'] = 2;

/* database table */
$rcmail_config['db_table_timeout'] = 'timeout';
?>

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 08:55:18 AM »
Did you run mysql.sql in idle_timeout SQL plugin folder against your roundcube database?

Offline bjiag0

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 01:38:31 PM »
no, MySQL is not in touch.
Yoni finally I've got idle_time to work, but I'm not sure how... Thanks for help anyway!