Author Topic: GLOBAL SIGNATURES  (Read 12196 times)

BrotherAndrew

GLOBAL SIGNATURES
« on: April 27, 2012, 05:24:00 AM »
Hello There,

This Site ISN'T As Booming As It Could Be!  How Can GLOBAL SIGNATURES Be Added To The Bottom Of ALL Sent Out Emails When Using R C?!   ::)

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: GLOBAL SIGNATURES
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 02:18:36 AM »
Look into the $rcmail_config['generic_message_footer'] and $rcmail_config['generic_message_footer_html'] options in the <RC root>/config/main.inc.php

BrotherAndrew

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 03:31:44 AM »
OK, I'll Check That Out!  MUCH THANKS!   :)

BrotherAndrew

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 04:00:56 AM »
Below Is What I Added To Those 2 Sections.  However, When Sending Out A TEST Plain & HTML E-MAIL To MORE THAN 1 PLACE, I DIDN'T See A Global Signature.  What Else Is Required?  MUCH THANKS!!!  :)

// path to a text file which will be added to each sent message
// paths are relative to the Roundcube root folder
$rcmail_config['generic_message_footer'] = 'TESTING 1 2 3!!!';

// path to a text file which will be added to each sent HTML message
$rcmail_config['generic_message_footer_html'] = '<hr>TESTING 1 2 3!!!';

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 05:31:54 AM »
The variables should link to a text file with the content to include at the end of the email.

BrotherAndrew

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 08:15:45 PM »
OK, Below Is How I Have It Currently.  And I Created 2 (.txt) Files With The URLs From Below.  That STILL DOESN'T Appear To Be Correct, However From What I Can Guess, It Should Be VERY CLOSE!  What Am I Missing Still?  MUCH THANKS!!!  :D

// path to a text file which will be added to each sent message
$rcmail_config['generic_message_footer'] = 'http://www.TheFamilyOfYAH.com/Global-Signature/Signature-Plain.txt';

// path to a text file which will be added to each sent HTML message
$rcmail_config['generic_message_footer_html'] = 'http://www.TheFamilyOfYAH.com/Global-Signature/Signature-HTML.txt';

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 04:58:58 AM »
The paths should be relative to the RoundCube folder, so if you you put the file at <rc root>/config/signature.txt the configuration line should read 'config/signature.txt'

BrotherAndrew

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 06:05:47 AM »
OK, I Have The Global Signature Feature Figured Out NOW!  Does That REMAIN With ALL Version Upgrades?!

Also, I So Far Failed At Turning OFF Saving Sent Emails.  I Found An Area Last Week, However That DIDN'T Do It.  Now I'm NOT Sure Where I Did That?

And Please Post A Link For Me To The Thread About Replying WITHOUT The Original Message That's being Replied To.  There Could Be 2 Reply Links (Reply WITH Original Message) & (Reply WITHOUT Original Message)!

When My TESTING Is DONE, If I Change The R C Directory Name,  Do I Have To Update PHP MY Admin Too?  How About The URL In The Installed Scripts Area?

NOTE, When I Log Into cPanel Using The Same Browser As My R C, R C Logs Me OUT.  I Have It At 7 Days Logged In.

MUCH THANKS!!!  Me Should FINALLY Go To Bed!!!   :D

BrotherAndrew

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 12:47:09 AM »
After The Few Matters From My Last Post Are Figured Out, I Expect To Be ROLLING With This!   ;D

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 06:44:06 PM »
OK, I Have The Global Signature Feature Figured Out NOW!  Does That REMAIN With ALL Version Upgrades?!
It should remain in upgrades.

Also, I So Far Failed At Turning OFF Saving Sent Emails.  I Found An Area Last Week, However That DIDN'T Do It.  Now I'm NOT Sure Where I Did That?
You can turn it off per email but I don't think there is an option to turn it off globally. You could make a plugin that would do it.

And Please Post A Link For Me To The Thread About Replying WITHOUT The Original Message That's being Replied To.  There Could Be 2 Reply Links (Reply WITH Original Message) & (Reply WITHOUT Original Message)!
I don't know of a plugin that does that, but you should be able to make a plugin that would do it.

When My TESTING Is DONE, If I Change The R C Directory Name,  Do I Have To Update PHP MY Admin Too?  How About The URL In The Installed Scripts Area?
You shouldn't have to change anything other than the directory name but if you didn't install in manually you may need to change it some where outside of RoundCube/

NOTE, When I Log Into cPanel Using The Same Browser As My R C, R C Logs Me OUT.  I Have It At 7 Days Logged In.
I haven't run into this problem, my guess is cPanel is overwriting RoundCube session cookie. Putting RoundCube on a sub-domain would most likely fix it.

BrotherAndrew

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 07:51:57 PM »
OK, I've Used Plugins A LOT In Recent Years, However I DON'T Recall Ever Creating My Own Plugins.  Is That EASY TO LEARN?   :)

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 08:06:36 PM »
If you know PHP its pretty easy, check out the plugin documentation for a good walk through http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Doc_Plugins http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Plugin_Hooks

BrotherAndrew

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 10:45:00 PM »
OK, I'll Look That Info Over!  MUCH THANKS!  :--)

BrotherAndrew

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 03:31:39 AM »
What's The Difference Between (main.inc.php) & (main.inc.php.dist)?   :D

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 04:10:06 AM »
main.inc.php is the active configuration file. main.inc.php.dist is the default configuration file.