Author Topic: Password plugin problem  (Read 6441 times)

Offline ColdAsIce

Password plugin problem
« on: March 24, 2012, 03:49:08 AM »
I wanted to get rid of squirrelmail due the huge ugliness so i decided to give a shot to roundcube. Only i have a small problem with the password plugin.
The configuration is : postfix + dovecot + virtual users in mysql database.

"mail" database - 4 tables ( domains, forwardings, transport and users ) ; users table contains name.name2@domain.org and encripted password.

In config.inc.php from password folder has the following settings :
$rcmail_config['password_db_dsn'] = 'mysql://mail_user:mail_password@localhost/mail'; ( using another user to acces the mail database )
$rcmail_config['password_query'] = 'UPDATE users SET password = ENCRYPT (%p) WHERE email =%u LIMIT 1'; ( updating password )

But when i try to change the password i get the following error : The website encountered an error while retrieving http://mail.domain.org/?_task=settings&_action=plugin.password-save. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
And i see a error in roundcube to : [24-Mar-2012 09:46:25] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function rcube_idn_to_utf8() in /var/lib/roundcube/plugins/password/drivers/sql.php on line 145 but i dont know how to fix this.

Any help would be very appreciated.
PS : Sorry for my bad english.

Offline rosali

Re: Password plugin problem
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 04:24:08 AM »
Which Roundcube version do you use?

rcube_idn_to_utf8 function in ./program/include/main.inc.php is there since ages. Your log entry indicates that this function is missing.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline ColdAsIce

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 05:01:23 AM »
Your right, from dpkg -s roundcube i get : Version: 0.3.1-3; so i must upgrade.

Edit 2 : removed old roundcube, installed the new version, now the password plugin works
Thanks alot rosali
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 06:39:17 AM by ColdAsIce »

Offline Surfy2012

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 01:46:20 PM »
i have a problem with the roundcube 0.8-beta version and the password changer plugin. i use the ispcp controlpanel. before the 0.8-beta version the password changer has work.

Offline mkmobi

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 01:25:30 PM »
Hi there! Could you please give me some advices for saving my new password on roundcube webmail?
I've got the error message " couldn't save new password"

i  updated this line
$rcmail_config['password_ldap_encodage'] = "md5crypt";

but its not working :'(

Please help me. Thanks.