Author Topic: Handling large number of mails fail.  (Read 3754 times)

Offline ozgurerdogan

Handling large number of mails fail.
« on: May 16, 2012, 11:10:43 AM »
Some users who has many mails like 3000 4000 complain about not being able to delete mails at once. I guess roundcube can not handle them all at once. But users can delete them page by page. So is there a way to make it easier for roundcube to handle them all with one click? Any setting to play with? I am using hmailserver behind.

Thanks

Offline alec

Re: Handling large number of mails fail.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 01:39:32 PM »
What is the error in log? Enable imap_debug in Roundcube and check IMAP server reponse for STORE (and EXPUNGE) command.

Offline ozgurerdogan

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 05:26:26 PM »
Ok I made a test to see results with 370,702MB with total 2085 Mails. When I try to delete, I do not see any error in imap logs. Here is log file www.megafileupload.com/en/file/351542/imap-zip.html Can you please take a look. Test@domain.com is mail account I used.

But one thing happens, after I see error "Could not delete message(s)" at top of roundcube, all mails are being marked gray color. It is like they are deleted but still stays in webmail.

Sorry I am not very good at roundcube yet.

Thanks for your helps.

Offline alec

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 06:05:58 AM »
C: A0006 UID STORE 1:* +FLAGS.SILENT (\Deleted)

This is a command send to the server. It marks messages as deleted. I don't see a response from the server,  it means it just take too long and most likely connection time limit makes abort. In that case Roundcube displays error and refreshes the messages listing.

The messages are marked with gray color because they have been marked on the server as Deleted.

As you see it is a "slow server" issue and I don't think we can do anything about it.

Offline ozgurerdogan

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 07:02:41 AM »
Well are you sure? It is a 3 X Sas disk with raid0 and a dedicated mail server. And only 50 Domains and around 300 mail users. Anything to play with php runtime limits or something? Or from hmailserver site like caching settings to play with?