Author Topic: Hmail Autoresponder works EXCEPT for expiry  (Read 6690 times)

Offline SadGrl

Hmail Autoresponder works EXCEPT for expiry
« on: May 16, 2012, 04:22:55 PM »
Hmailserver 5.4 b1931
Roundcube 0.7.2 w/ latest hmail_autoresponder plugin

Already tried to get help on hmailserver forum, but the response was that this plugin was not made with hmailserver dev approval... So, I'm hoping someone here knows a solution to this? 

When I go to use Roundcube's hmail autoresponder, the autoreply works but the expiry date does not. I have confirmed that the information entered in the webmail's interface shows up on hmailserver too -- the 'enable' boxes for both the actual responder and the autoexpiry are checked off and the expiry dates match. SOOOO.... the information obviously makes it to hmailserver fine, but for some reason it ignores the expiry date.

If I go into hmailserver directly and create an autoresponder, with an expiry date, it works fine. It also worked fine when we used Squirrelmail as our webmail client, using the hmail autoresponder plugin. So obviously something specific with roundcube causes the problem, but at the same time if the information makes it to hmailserver successfully, why isn't it working?

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
Re: Hmail Autoresponder works EXCEPT for expiry
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 07:22:49 AM »
I've used it in the past and I haven't had any issues myself. Please, allow me until tomorrow so I can ensure that it is still working properly for me. I haven't used Away Message for a little while in a hMailServer back-end server. I re-enabled the plugin in my server and I'm testing just to ensure that it hasn't broken or that it has broke just like you pointed out in your post. I will certainly know tomorrow for sure :P

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 06:53:21 PM »
You need to check your setup. I'm running 0.7.2 and away message is working for me. As of today, the auto-response DID expire which means that I didn't get an auto-response when e-mailed my test account today.

Offline SadGrl

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 08:56:23 AM »
I'm wondering, now, if it's a timezone setting some place.  Will check and report back

Offline SadGrl

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 08:54:40 AM »
To be sure time zone wasn't affecting the responder, I changed timezone in main.inc.php from 'auto' to '-5'.  Php.ini file also had timezone set correctly to New York/America, so that wasn't a problem.  Tested over weekend and the autoreply still didn't expire. 

Any other setup things can you suggest I look at?   I left everything in the plugin's config file at default, except to add my hmailserver's information in the hmail_autoresponder's config.inc.php file, as below.  And since the information makes it *to* hmailserver and the actual message works (just doesn't expire), I can assume the info is correct.   

$rcmail_config['db_hmail_autoresponder_dsn'] = 'mysql://root:password@localhost/hmailserver?new_link=true';

Offline SadGrl

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 01:20:48 PM »
Yoni:  I forgot to ask, but what version of hmailserver did you use?

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 06:36:02 PM »
I'm on stable hMailServer 5.3.3-B1879

Offline SadGrl

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 08:38:29 AM »
Hm, I'm using the latest beta.  I wonder if that's the problem.  Time to do some testing, woo

Offline SadGrl

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 08:53:55 AM »
One of my co-workers discovered that the expiry starts working if you restart the hmailserver after setting the expiry in the webmail.  So the plugin populates hmailserver, but fails to actually trigger the expiry.