Author Topic: plugin manager (not installed) problem  (Read 11762 times)

Offline Metalik

plugin manager (not installed) problem
« on: May 24, 2012, 12:22:09 AM »
Hello

I have installed plugin manager on roundcube.

It appears on the settings menu. But some options is not selectable and indicate (not installed) .

Please see the attachment screenshot.

How can I activate options that are in not installed and not selectable?

Warmly

Offline rosali

Re: plugin manager (not installed) problem
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 03:41:42 AM »
Install these plugins or remove them from plugin_manager config.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline Metalik

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 03:43:22 AM »
How can I install these plugins ? (they are not selectable)

Thank you

Offline rosali

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 12:36:23 PM »
Update Plugins Checkbox.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline foofer

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 05:52:57 PM »
Same problem here. Most say (not installed).

No "update plugins checkbox" either. Also can't uncheck Google ads or analytics (comes back when the page is refreshed).

Plugin manager was a fresh install and has show updates = true in config.inc.php.

Anybody know of any other davcal calendar for roundcube that doesn't need all this user selectable nonsense?

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 12:07:11 AM »
Same problem here. Most say (not installed).
No "update plugins checkbox" either. Also can't uncheck Google ads or analytics (comes back when the page is refreshed).
Plugin manager was a fresh install and has show updates = true in config.inc.php.
Anybody know of any other davcal calendar for roundcube that doesn't need all this user selectable nonsense?
I'm terribly sadden to see so poor judgment for something that others have worked so hard for and given away so we could all have a better experience. Let me try to help you here regardless...

The reason why you do not see the  "update plugins checkbox"  and everything else is because you haven't configured your plugin to fit your needs and installation. Plugin_manager ships with a default configuration that needs to be fine tuned according to your installation. What you happen to call nonsense many of my customers finds it extremely useful. Giving the power to the user to be able to switch functionality ON and OFF is amazingly welcome and also decreases your server's load at least a good 20-30%. Anyways, let's look at what you haven't done and perhaps you will appreciate a lot more this plugin in the future.

The first part of your plugin_manager configuration (config.inc.php) defines the plugin Administrator(s)

Code: [Select]
/* Admin Account */
$rcmail_config['plugin_manager_admins'] = array('administrator@yourdomain.ltd', 'user2@yourdomain.ltd');

Note that you need to enter the e-mail address of the account you will be using to login and manage the plugin. E.g if the account you use to login to your webmail is foofer@foofer.com you need to define that same e-mail in your plugin_manager. Eg

/* Admin Account */
$rcmail_config['plugin_manager_admins'] = array('foofer@foofer.com', 'user2@foofer.com');
-----------------------------------------------------------

The second part is the "updates"
/* Show update page after login */
$rcmail_config['plugin_manager_show_updates'] = false;

This only defines if you want to be presented with the plugins update page every time you login to your webmail account (foofer@foofer.com). If set to true it will take you to the update page on every successful login IF you have properly defined foofer@foofer.com in your first part of the configuration... E.g
/* Admin Account */
$rcmail_config['plugin_manager_admins'] = array('foofer@foofer.com', 'user2@foofer.com');

-------------------------

So now that is clearer for you, please double check your configuration.

To uncheck Google ads or analytics look in your plugin configuration as well. Find:

'google_ads' => array(
      'label_name' => 'google_ads.pluginname',
      'label_description' => 'google_ads.plugindescription',
      'protected' => array('mail4us.net'),
      'reload' => true,
      'active' => true
    ),

and comment it or configure as needed:

'google_ads' => array(
      'label_name' => 'google_ads.pluginname',
      'label_description' => 'google_ads.plugindescription',
      'protected' => array('mail4us.net')false  --> When plugin is protected it cannot be disable
      'reload' => true,
      'active' => true false  --> sets the default state of the plugin. false will make it inactive by default (not checked)
    ),

With this said, I believe you simply ran to grab it and never took the time to understand what you were installing. For better understanding and future help you can find some extra documentation at:

http://unlockforus.com/myroundcube-plugins/documentation/plugin_manager
and
http://unlockforus.com/myroundcube-plugins/documentation/installation

I hope this helps.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 12:14:35 AM by Yoni »