Author Topic: Can't edit contacts in addressbook  (Read 8391 times)

Offline kujoe2002

• http://www.gpcpi.com/
Can't edit contacts in addressbook
« on: May 31, 2012, 06:02:59 PM »
I am using roundccube version 0.7.2 and am trying to get the addressbook to allow me to edit the contact info.  According to my main.inc.php file, I have the following plugins:

// List of active plugins (in plugins/ directory)
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('password', 'jqueryui', 'compose_addressbook', 'antiBruteForce', 'acl', 'JD-Rc-P-GAB', 'LKKAddressBook', 'additional_message_headers', 'autologon', 'emoticons', 'markasjunk', 'show_additional_headers', 'vcard_attachments', 'managesieve', 'automatic_addressbook', 'google_contacts',);

I think they are all working but I'm not sure.  the JD-Rc-P-GAB is JohnDoh-Roundcube-Plugin-Global-Address-Book-v0.8-beta-4-g2c4fcbb and LKKAddressBook is nansenat16-Roundcube-Plugin-LKK-AddressBook-3a03419.  They were both shortened so I wouldnt have coding issues due to naming error of the folder. 

When I go into my addressbook, I try to edit a contact or add a contact, it does not give me the custom fields to enter the persons demographic info (name, address, phone, group).  I don't actually see the JohnDoh-Roundcube... and the nansenat... addressbooks showing up on my email.  I don't know if I have too many plugins.  It seems like all of my other plugins are working.  Is there a plugin that will allow me to easily create and edit contact by adding or editing their name and other demographic info?  Right now it will only allow me to add the email address but not the name.  It seems like if I want to create a new contact with the name included, I have to create the vcard separately, then upload it to roundcube...

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Can't edit contacts in addressbook
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 04:21:23 AM »
Your folder names are off. The name of the plugin in the array the folder and the class all need to be the same.

Offline kujoe2002

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 01:06:49 PM »
Your folder names are off. The name of the plugin in the array the folder and the class all need to be the same.

Again, the JD-Rc-P-GAB and LKKKAddressBook is in the plugin folder named as that.  I only gave the real name of the plugin for your reference.  But the aformentioned plugins are inside the plugins folder under those names.  I don't know if that's what you mean? 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:08:54 PM by kujoe2002 »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 09:16:33 PM »
The way the RoundCube plugin system works it takes the name of the plugin from the plugins array (JD-Rc-P-GAB), then load the plugin file (<RC root>/plugins/JD-Rc-P-GAB/JD-Rc-P-GAB.php) and the load the plugin class (JD-Rc-P-GAB). So JD-Rc-P-GAB should be globaladdressbook and LKKAddressBook should be lkk_addressbook for them to work properly.

Offline kujoe2002

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 09:31:36 PM »
The way the RoundCube plugin system works it takes the name of the plugin from the plugins array (JD-Rc-P-GAB), then load the plugin file (<RC root>/plugins/JD-Rc-P-GAB/JD-Rc-P-GAB.php) and the load the plugin class (JD-Rc-P-GAB). So JD-Rc-P-GAB should be globaladdressbook and LKKAddressBook should be lkk_addressbook for them to work properly.

Do you mean the names of the plugins in the plugin folder or the ini script?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 09:36:40 PM »
It should be in both places as well as the class in the plugin file.

Offline kujoe2002

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 09:45:54 PM »
OK I kept the default file names for all of the plugins so the main.inc file looks as such now:

// use this folder to store temp files (must be writeable for apache user)
$rcmail_config['temp_dir'] = 'temp/';

$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('password', 'jqueryui', 'compose_addressbook', 'automatic_addressbook', 'JohnDoh-Roundcube-Plugin-Global-Address-Book-2c4fcbb', 'nansenat16-Roundcube-Plugin-LKK-AddressBook-3a03419', 'google_contacts', 'antiBruteForce', 'acl','additional_message_headers', 'autologon', 'emoticons', 'markasjunk', 'show_additional_headers', 'vcard_attachments', 'managesieve', 'automatic_addressbook', 'google_contacts',
);

// enable caching of messages and mailbox data in the local database.
// this is recommended if the IMAP server does not run on the same machine
$rcmail_config['enable_caching'] = FALSE;

I don't see anything different in the email.  Also I don't have global addressbook uploaded into the plugin folder.  will that cause a problem?  A;so, are you saying anything in - should be placed as an underscore _?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 09:48:41 PM by kujoe2002 »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 10:14:07 PM »
You need to rename everything that says "JohnDoh-Roundcube-Plugin-Global-Address-Book-2c4fcbb" to "globaladdressbook" and everything that say "nansenat16-Roundcube-Plugin-LKK-AddressBook-3a03419" should be "lkk_addressbook".

Offline kujoe2002

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 10:31:56 PM »
OK.  I did that.  I renamed the main.inc file in the plugins folder and renamed the folder for each plugin respectively.

$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('password', 'jqueryui', 'compose_addressbook', 'automatic_addressbook', 'globaladdressbook', 'lkk_addressbook', 'google_contacts', 'antiBruteForce', 'acl','additional_message_headers', 'autologon', 'emoticons', 'markasjunk', 'show_additional_headers', 'vcard_attachments', 'managesieve', 'automatic_addressbook', 'google_contacts',
);

// enable caching of messages and mailbox data in the local database.
// this is recommended if the IMAP server does not run on the same machine
$rcmail_config['enable_caching'] = FALSE;

If it's been fixed, then shouldn't it show the additional plugins?  Cleared cache, cookies. 

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 10:35:21 PM »
Then they should work, when you go to the address book do any new errors show up in the RoundCube error log?

Offline kujoe2002

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 01:05:51 AM »
well when I edit the contact, it doesn't let me change the name....  Also I don't know what I should be seeing with the other address book plugins... nothing seems to have changed.

Offline kujoe2002

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 09:37:04 PM »
is there something else I should look at?  I extracted the zipped files and uploaded them to my plugins folder.  Was I supposed to keep them zipped?  And if I'm still not able to change the names, is there something else I'm not doing?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 03:52:23 AM »
Do any new errors show up in the RoundCube error log?