Author Topic: Reading of HTML Mails  (Read 6431 times)

Offline ghowey

Reading of HTML Mails
« on: June 12, 2012, 04:49:15 PM »
I receive HTML formatted emails several times a day from one specific address that does not view properly in RoundCube. Perhaps it is a formatting problem with the email I am receiving. The messages are of multiple pages and it appears that RoundCube does not recognize the pages breaks, and the pages are viewed stacked all on top of each other. I have for quiet some time used a MS mail client with IMAP to view and manage the HTML emails, it would be much more convenient to be able to properly view them from within RoundCube. When at attempt is made to print one of these emails it appears normal, but only prints the first page of the message. I have attached a screenshot of one of the messages for evaluation. Any input/assistance would be appreciated!

Offline alec

Re: Reading of HTML Mails
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 02:41:12 AM »
Please, attach source of the message. You can also open a ticket on http://trac.roundcube.net, but we must see the source.

Offline ghowey

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 04:34:04 AM »
I am hesitant to create a ticket, the problem may be the messages. Attached is the source of one of the emails in question.
Once again, Thanks for taking a look.

Offline alec

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 07:16:09 AM »
When I copy the generated HTML code from message preview pane and remove DOCTYPE, the message content is displayed properly. We need more investigation on this. Open a ticket. If other mail clients display it properly (Thunderbird does) we should be able to handle this too.

Offline alec

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 08:19:01 AM »
I've created the ticket http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1488535 and I think I have a solution. See there for a fix (later today).

Offline ghowey

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 08:57:18 PM »
Thank You Sir! I have applied your recommended patch and for the first time since we have been hosting our own email (7 Years) I can successfully display and print these HTML messages from within a browser. Honestly Roundcube has the best open source package and developers available. Thanks to Roundcube we now have more functionality on a hosted server than we ever had in house with our own dedicated mail server!