Author Topic: how to specify path to mySQL socket... (Error No. 1f4)  (Read 6628 times)

Offline Zard

how to specify path to mySQL socket... (Error No. 1f4)
« on: December 13, 2006, 06:26:14 PM »
hi,
i'm encountering a "1f4" after my installation. i've triple-checked the few config entries required to start RC and i'm sure they're correct. but i do recall having a problem wirh my wordpress installation a few weeks ago and that was because my server uses a non-standard path for the mysql socket:

Code: [Select]
Local (web applications): Host: localhost | Socket: /tmp/mysql5.sock
Note: Most PHP applications/scripts will accept the following syntax:
MySQL Host: localhost:/tmp/mysql5.sock

System details:
PHP5: 5.1.6
MySQL 5 : 5.0.27

I don't know much about php code and i have no clue how i could modify the config code
Code: [Select]
$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://user:passwd@localhost/database';in order to include info about the socket path...

any help would be very much appreciated! :-)

cheers,
Zard

Offline daashag

Re: how to specify path to mySQL socket... (Error No. 1f4)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 09:08:09 PM »
You shouldn't have to specify a socket. Just edit connection line to meet your specifications.

Offline eSEFEROVIC

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 10:09:32 PM »
Hello...

it has been 4 hours since Ive seen RoundCube Webmail System and had a successfull installation. As many people here - I also have mysql5 on my server and wondered why oooooo why I get the freakin 1f4 error message. Really annoying. I checked the user data 10 times or so.

And the catch. Play some music please ;)

MySQL5 with PHP ( which uses Client API 3.23.x ) WONT WORK WITH PEAR:DB !!! I had a small misconfiguration and I noticed it when I opened two different virtual hosts ( I have special PHP installations ;) ). The authentication process just wont work. I know it sounds very stupid ( I lost many hours now too :( ) but here is the proof http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html !

run phpinfo(); and if you see Client API 3.... and you have newer mysql version then 3.23 then it is time to recompile the php with the reference to the mysqlclientlib.. on debian/ubuntu you should configure it like ./configure --with-mysql=shared,/usr ! VOILA !

ROUNDCUBE ROCKS :D

Greetings from Bosnia & Hercegowina !!!

Offline Zard

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 04:11:18 AM »
Hi eSEFEROVIC,

that sounds complicated. I really didn't understand much except for that RC doesn't work with mySQL 5. I don't know any PHP and sure as hell can't recompile anything... Is there anything else I can do to get RC to work?

Thanks a lot,
Zard

Offline eSEFEROVIC

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 11:39:12 PM »
Hi Zard,

do you have dedicated server or are you on a shared hosting machine?

Authentication has been changed in MySQL5, so using an old mysql client you wont be able to login to your mysql the usual way. Where do you host? Maybe your hosting company can provide you more information. Try running phpinfo(); and look for the mysql part. If you have mysql5 installed, the client should be 5.0.x too !

Regards,

eSEFEROVIC