Author Topic: Help with message flags and flagging  (Read 4449 times)

Offline rschuon

Help with message flags and flagging
« on: August 13, 2012, 12:18:24 PM »
We are hooked up to a server that runs Roundcube 0.5.4, and we download and process emails via Python's IMAP.  However, we have an issue once we download the emails.  We do not want our emails deleted, for several reasons, and we sometimes mark one unread.  But marking them unread on the server does not seem to mark the message header "UNSEEN", as per RFC-2060.  Is Roundcube using another flag for seen and unseen?  And if so, what is it it?  I did try "NOT SEEN", and other flags, but no dice.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

P.S. - No, upgrading the server isn't a possibility, because it's not ours.

Online alec

Re: Help with message flags and flagging
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 12:35:39 PM »
Roundcube uses standard \Seen flag. 0.5.4 is quite old version. However, I'd try to enable imap_debug in ROundcube config and see if IMAP server returns correct results. Also if caching in Roundcube is enable I'd try to clear the cache (tables) or disable the cache.

Offline rschuon

Re: Help with message flags and flagging
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 01:19:16 PM »
Unfortunately, I have no access at all to the server running Roundcube.  Otherwise, I would have set it up differently, and/or upgraded.  I only have client access as an email user.  I was just wondering if there was another search Flag I might be missing, like "READ" or something, rather than the standard "SEEN".  It's very strange, because when I look at the webmail server, it shows the mails as unread, but yet when we download them via IMAP, they get ignored (I must assume because of the "read" state).   I make sure not to set the delete flag, nor any spam flags.

Here is a screenie of the page, but when I try to do a search(None,"UNSEEN"), I get zero messages.