Author Topic: Create a Group  (Read 3419 times)

Offline mnebell

Create a Group
« on: July 25, 2012, 02:24:16 PM »
How do I get names and email addresses from my address book into a group? I see where I can enter the name of a group on the left pane, but how do I get contacts into it?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Create a Group
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 03:32:01 PM »
Drag and Drop.

Offline mnebell

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 05:32:52 PM »
Okay, I have three columns, one with Groups with a bar under it that says Personal Addresses, the next one is Contacts with my contact names listed, and the final with Contact Properties. I have tried dragging and dropping from the Contacts column to the Groups column, but, obviously, I am not doing something right. I have tried entering a group name into the box that comes up when I click the plus sign to add a group, and then tried dragging names from the Contacts column to the box where I entered the group name to no avail. I am missing something. It's probably something simple, but Help!

Offline mnebell

Contact Groups
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 03:54:18 PM »
I am having trouble getting individual contacts/email addresses into groups. I have three columns, one with Groups with a bar under it that says Personal Addresses, the next one is Contacts with my contact names listed, and the final with Contact Properties. I have tried dragging and dropping from the Contacts column to the Groups column, but, obviously, I am not doing something right. I have tried entering a group name into the box that comes up when I click the plus sign to add a group, and then tried dragging names from the Contacts column to the box where I entered the group name to no avail. The names do not stay--they just bounce back to the Contacts column. I am missing something. It's probably something simple, but Help! I would appreciate some help with this as I need to assist others. I have no idea what version of roundcube I am using, but I am assuming it is the newest version.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 12:19:34 AM »
When you hit the plus button you need to type a group name and then hit enter, then you can drag contacts into the group.

Offline emjayeHS

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 08:40:31 PM »
how do I keep group contacts out of personal contacts?