Author Topic: failed to login  (Read 5722 times)

Offline bayerischbeer

failed to login
« on: December 20, 2006, 07:58:13 AM »
Hello,

i installed roundcube with the howto,
but if i want to loggin i get the error message "login failed"
I´m the owner of a rootserver, so imodified like this:

$rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'mysql://root:mypass@localhost/mail (database mail added with phpmyadmin)

$rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'localhost'

$rcmail_config['smtp_server'] = 'localhost'

$rcmail_config['smtp_user'] = '%u'; $rcmail_config['smtp_pass'] = '%p';

then in phpmyadmin i added a new user like this:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'myuser'@'localhost'
  ->  IDENTIFIED BY 'mypass' WITH GRANT OPTION (myuser and mypass was of course changed)

and than i lodet the mysql.initial.sql into the database.

but if i try to login with myuser mypass: "login failed"

Where is the error?
Greetz harry

Offline daashag

Re: failed to login
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 09:22:02 AM »
All that does is make a connection to your database. What to you mean by failed to login?  Have you setup up your main.inc.php with the correct parameters. Are you logging into the server with a valid email account and password? If this is all ok then check your mail logs for errors.

Offline bayerischbeer

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 09:32:34 AM »
Have you setup up your main.inc.php with the correct parameters.

i´ve done all things from the howto and it was simply this: (in the main.inc.php)

$rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'localhost'

$rcmail_config['smtp_server'] = 'localhost'

$rcmail_config['smtp_user'] = '%u'; $rcmail_config['smtp_pass'] = '%p';

Are you logging into the server with a valid email account and password?

I have no email account jet i think how to get one? i installed postfix?

Offline daashag

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 09:36:36 AM »
Well you can't log in without a email account to authenticate to your IMAP server. I don't know how to create an email account as I don't know the setup of your server.

Offline bayerischbeer

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 09:57:31 AM »
now it works, thank you.

Offline CHUSO77

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 10:38:44 AM »
 I also have he himself problem, she gives an error me 603 in explorer and they appear to me many errors.

Warning: include_once (config/main.inc.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: Such does not case out or directory in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mail\webmail\program\include\main.inc on line 110

Warning: include_once () [function.include]: Failed opening “config/main.inc.php” for inclusion (include_path='C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mail\webmail/; C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mail\webmail /program; C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mail\webmail /program/lib;. ; C:\php5\pear ') in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mail\webmail\program\include\main.inc on line 110

Warning: include_once (config/db.inc.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: Such does not case out or directory in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mail\webmail\program\include\main.inc on line 119

Warning: include_once () [function.include]: Failed opening “config/db.inc.php” for inclusion (include_path='C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mail\webmail/; C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mail\webmail /program; C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mail\webmail /program/lib;. ; C:\php5\pear ') in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mail\webmail\program\include\main.inc on line 119

Warning: array_merge () [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an Array in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mail\webmail\program\include\main.inc on line 120

Thank you very much, somebody can help me.