Hi all!
I hope someone can help me with this issue.
I'm trying to send a notification to another email address ("
[email protected]") for any new mail incoming in a mailbox called "
[email protected]" using filter definition at webmail. I want to use a customized subject and email body text, but I only can manage to modify the subject of the notification message. The body allways remain with the standard message "Notification of new message."
I have no access to the server.
Anyone know how can I change the body of the message? Which options can I use in "Notification options (Optional)"? (see attached screenshot).
Is it also possible to do the same and attach the original mail?
Thanks in advance!
From the RFC its not clear to me if altering the message body is something that is really supported but I found this old post from the dovecot mailing list which does appear to work. https://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2012-February/080963.html. For example if you put `
[email protected]?body=helloworld` in the email address box the body of the message changes (note: I do not know if this is a dovecot only thing)
Thank you very much JohnDoh!! It worked! (I attach a new screenshot for those who search for the same).
If someone else knows the purpose of that "Notification Options" input box and what kind of parameters can we use there,...
Quote from: duke_mail on June 18, 2019, 03:45:35 PMIf someone else knows the purpose of that "Notification Options" input box and what kind of parameters can we use there,...
... 7 years later ... New here and generally to such forum posting, but I'm here searching for an answer/resource on the same as ^^ so figure worth a shot, long as it may be!
Trying (ideally) to set up a filter that, for each NewMessage that comes in to Email_1, sends a notification to Email_2 that includes the From/sender of NewMessage, without including the content of NewMessage.
Should OP or anyone else have info on this, would be very much appreciated! Gratitude either way to anyone reading this.
If you dontt have access to the mail server, the available notification options are probably limited to whatever the webmail filter interface exposes. If you can change the subject but the body always stays as "Notification of new message", that usually means the notification template is controlled server side and cant be changed from the filter itself. Attaching the original message is similar. Some webmail systems have an option such as forwarding or redirecting the message instead of sending a notification, which would preserve the original mail and attachments. If your filter only offers "send notification", you probably won't be able to add the original message or create a custom body without a server-side change. so check whether there is a separate "forward" action in the filter options. If there isnt, youll likely need the mail administrator to change the filter/template settings.