Author Topic: Outlook & Android client can't display correct UTF-8 attachment filename in 0.81  (Read 8777 times)

Offline tatzipper

Sorry for my poor English, I have using Roundcube 0.81 in Centos 6, all function is ok and perfect without problems, but I found a issue in yesterday, when I attach a some files send to other recipient, the mail process is successfully , issue is the file name of the attachment is UTF-8 CJK character , such as ( 旺角砵蘭街.doc , があるとして.doc , 김민준과.pdf , 当事人之间.xls) ,  the MS Outlook or Android mail client will not correct to show the file name, the attachment filename in Android will show in UTF8-"%E%81%E7xxx.doc", in Outlook client will show in ATTxxxxxx.doc, but I try to use Thunderbird or Gmail client to receive is no such this problem, I wish someone can help me.
Thanks

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Correct me if I'm wrong, but your saying that that this is a problem on MS Outlook and the Android mail client not a RoundCube problem, right?

Offline tatzipper

Yes, But I also tested with Gmail or Yahoo webmail to outlook, or outlook to outlook with
 same file attachments is no such this problem, all the filename is display correctly, but when I use roundcube to send out will display a wrong file name in outlook or android client, I don't confirm which is outllok or roundcube issue.

Offline alec

Settings -> Composing Messages -> Attachment names -> RFC 2047/2231

Offline tatzipper

Thank you very much !!! Totally fix my problem.  ;D

Offline athoomi

Settings -> Composing Messages -> Attachment names -> RFC 2047/2231

I have this setting. But if I attache a file with "german umlaut", the filename is only crashed in roundcube:
ISO-8859-15''%53%63%68%...%64%75%6E%67%2E%70%64%66...

In Thunderbird the filename is displayed correct.

If I click on the attachment, I'm nevertheless able to open and read the pdf file. If I click on download the proposed filename is "download.pdf". 

Any ideas?