Author Topic: hmail & roundcube & websitepanel: Why emails go to spam instead of inbox?  (Read 7376 times)

Offline Silver_Light

i installed hmail and roundcube in windows server 2008-r2 and configured web site panel to work with hmail.

after sending mails with roundcube all mails go to the spam folder instead of inbox.

i buyed that domain some days ago and it’s new!

also i checked my ip address from here : http://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/

and it did n’t find any block list!

what did i do wrong and how can i fix this problem?

i have my own vps and can edit my dns server.

i had created some emails some months ago and there was no problem about them.

but now i really do n’t know what is going on about new created mails!

my ip address is : 31.7.60.239

would you please learn me step by step to fix that problem!

thanks in advance

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
It looks like you haven't setup reverse DNS (PTR) entries, that is what is most likely causing emails to go into spam.

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
There are several reasons why your e-mails will end up in spam folder. PTR records, SPF, DKIM are there for a reason. Check your DNS records.

Offline Silver_Light

There are several reasons why your e-mails will end up in spam folder. PTR records, SPF, DKIM are there for a reason. Check your DNS records.

How Can I Add PTR records to my dns (my own vps)?
would you please give me some info about SPF, DKIM!

thanks in adavance

Offline Silver_Light

please see this link : 
http://www.uceprotect.net/en/rblcheck.php?ipr=31.7.60.239
i added reverse ptr record ino my dns.
but nothing happens...
should i wait 24 hrs for affect?

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
I don't want to turn you down but this is certainly not related to Roundcube Webmail which is what this forum is mainly for. You may not get all the help you are looking for in here.

PRT records resolve IP addresses into hostnames. For example mydomain.com resolves to 1.2.3.4 then the PTR record resolves 1.2.3.4 to mydomain.com. Since you mentioned you purchased a VPS your PTR records are probably managed by your provider. Open a ticket with them and request them to add PTR records for your VPS hostname. Otherwise ask them how to do it if it is available for you to do it yourself within your Control Panel.

For SPF and DKIM configuration it will vary from server to server even though the DNS records are the same. You need to do a research to learn and find out how to get it all up and working in your environment or hire someone with experience who can do it for you and learn in that process.

Good luck with your project.

Offline Silver_Light

really really apreciate
however thanks for the answer and sorry for my mistake
at last just tell me after adding ptr records how much time should i wait to affect?

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
It might take up to 24 hours for DNS updates to propagate.