Author Topic: Connection to storage server failed for single user  (Read 7547 times)

Offline techdesign

Connection to storage server failed for single user
« on: October 16, 2012, 12:52:12 PM »
I have a single user getting the "connection to storage server failed" error message once they log on to Roundcube. This installation has lots of other users who don't have any problems at all.

The single user having the problem can navigate through roundcube, and even go to other folders. For instance, when I click on the Sent folder, I can see emails just fine. Whenever I try to go back to the Inbox, though, I get the connection to storage server failed message. I can see the count of new messages in the Inbox on the folder list, but cannot get to them.

I can see no errors in the access_log or error_log for apache. My qmail logs for IMAP show no obvious errors either.

This is a pretty light user, so I don't believe they were poking around in settings, but everything looks normal in there anyway.

Thanks for any insights on what I can try to do to fix this for this one user!

Offline techdesign

Re: Connection to storage server failed for single user
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 01:33:34 PM »
Okay, it was a shot in the dark, but I appear to have fixed this by setting the preferences field to NULL for this user in the users table in MySQL. I don't know if there was a more "proper" method for doing this, but the user can now see everything in their inbox.

Here is what was in the preferences field in case it helps anyone figure out why this happened:

a:14:{s:16:"message_sort_col";s:4:"date";s:18:"message_sort_order";s:4:"DESC";s:8:"timezone";s:4:"auto";s:4:"skin";s:7:"classic";s:10:"date_short";s:5:"D H:i";s:9:"date_long";s:9:"Y-m-d H:i";s:12:"preview_pane";s:1:"0";s:17:"message_threading";a:1:{s:5:"INBOX";b:1;}s:11:"drafts_mbox";s:12:"INBOX.Drafts";s:9:"junk_mbox";s:10:"INBOX.Spam";s:9:"sent_mbox";s:10:"INBOX.Sent";s:10:"trash_mbox";s:11:"INBOX.Trash";s:15:"default_folders";a:5:{i:0;s:5:"INBOX";i:1;s:12:"INBOX.Drafts";i:2;s:10:"INBOX.Sent";i:3;s:10:"INBOX.Spam";i:4;s:11:"INBOX.Trash";}s:15:"namespace_fixed";b:1;}

Offline chatwizrd

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 11:21:57 AM »
I just upgrade from 0.5.3 to 0.8.2 and have the same error. I will try this fix, but I dont know if its a single user having the issue or multiple.

Here is what the preferences looked like on mine:

a:8:{s:12:"preview_pane";s:1:"1";s:16:"message_sort_col";s:4:"date";s:18:"message_sort_order";s:4:"DESC";s:10:"htmleditor";i:1;s:11:"top_posting";b:1;s:8:"timezone";s:2:"-5";s:9:"list_cols";a:8:{i:0;s:7:"threads";i:1;s:4:"from";i:2;s:7:"subject";i:3;s:6:"status";i:4;s:4:"date";i:5;s:4:"size";i:6;s:4:"flag";i:7;s:10:"attachment";}s:15:"namespace_fixed";b:1;}

Edit:

It looks like nulling it out did fix it for me too...

I hope there is a fix coming.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 11:23:50 AM by chatwizrd »

Offline techdesign

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 03:21:42 PM »
I just had my second user on this system run in to this problem, so it looks like it is affecting the whole installation. Again, setting the preferences to null fixed it. I'm going to search and see if anyone has filed a bug report yet.

EDIT - FYI, I am on 0.8.1 and this problem started happening after I upgraded from 0.7.something to 0.8.1.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 03:39:30 PM by techdesign »

Offline razyr

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 12:03:51 PM »
I have a single user who is reporting this error as well.  It occurred when attempting to delete messages.  I have been unable to duplicate the error from other accounts.

I was hoping that setting the user preferences to NULL would solve the problem as it has for others.  Unfortunately the user prefs for that user were already NULL. 

Running Centos 6.3 system with
RoundCube 0.8.2
Dovecot 2.0.18
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 12:15:33 PM by razyr »