Author Topic: Issues Installing and Configuring Roundcube  (Read 4627 times)

Offline Krapmeister

Issues Installing and Configuring Roundcube
« on: December 03, 2012, 08:06:57 PM »
I'm not a hugely literate PHP and MYSQL person and I am really struggling to get Roundcube up and running.

I've uploaded it to the server via FTP and activated the install wizzard.
I've created a MYSQL database on my server and run the installer at http://bigrigrecords.net/roundcubemail/installer/
It passes the environment test, but when I enter my configuration options in step 2 ie. database details and mail server details and hit the "Update Config" button nothing seems to happen.  In the window where the code to paste into the main.inc.php and db.inc.php files should be is just an error message that says "[Warning: could not read the config template file]" (see screenshot).  This is despite both of those files having fuly read/write permissions.

I had a look at main.inc.php and think I figured out how to setup the mail server options manually, but I'm struggling with the db.inc.php.

Ive tried to manually set the database on line 25 of db.inc.php:

Code: [Select]
$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://username:passwordhere@localhost/databasename';
But if I subsequently move on to step 3 "Test Config" of the installer I get the following error"

Check DB config
DSN (write):  NOT OK(MDB2 Error: connect failed)

Make sure that the configured database exists and that the user has write privileges
DSN: mysql://roundcube:pass@localhost/roundcubemail

But I've definitely given the user full privileges.

Also is the installer supposed to create the database tables or do I need to do that manually? As I have an empty database.  When I try to do it manually by importing mysql.initial.sql I get the following error:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[dbo].[cache] ( [cache_id] [int] IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL , [user_id] [int] ' at line 1

Can anyone tell me how to get the installer working properly or what manual edits I need to make to get this working.

Frustrated :'(