Author Topic: Upgrade 0.6 to 0.8.4, Fantastico/Simple Scripts  (Read 2667 times)

Offline gary325

Upgrade 0.6 to 0.8.4, Fantastico/Simple Scripts
« on: December 26, 2012, 11:01:56 PM »
Using my ISP, Hostmonster, I installed Roundcube several years ago. Updates came and were installed via their control panel. Now after several missed upgrades and a switch to Simple Scripts (vs. Fantastico), I can no longer use their built in updater.
So I sit at version 0.6 but want to upgrade to the most current stable version AND start using Simple Script's upgrade mechanism to keep current.
What path do I take to not loose my current mail files?
Back up the installation directory: done
Back up the MySQL db: done
Download the latest version: done, but when using this method, I loose the update mechanism provided my Simple Script.

I could use Simple Script to install a new version (which creates a new db). How do I then get all the mail files restored?
I could use Simple Script to install a new version (and choose to use an existing db). Will I then have to do anything with the db regarding updating the tables/structure?

I have not changed anything in the config files (maybe the line to not enter in your complete email address). These changes can be recreated.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Upgrade 0.6 to 0.8.4, Fantastico/Simple Scripts
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 12:11:19 AM »
I don't know anything about Simple Scripts or Fantastic but if you want to use the Simple Scripts update system you'll need to install RoundCube from there. I don't know whether it could update from the old database, so it would probably be best to start with a fresh install. Email isn't stored in the RoundCube database just the address book and user settings and possibly plugin data if you have any installed.