Author Topic: Zip files  (Read 4677 times)

Offline Liberty

Zip files
« on: February 28, 2013, 09:54:53 AM »
Hello all,

I am fairly new to roundcube webmail, so perhaps my upcoming question is just a matter of ignorance, please forgive me for that ..
Every time if i create a zip file on my mac, the file is oke.. it says it is a zip file.
But when I compose an email and attach that zip file, the attachment suddenly changed in TXT file, and the content is no longer readable.
When I do the same from any local mail application, like.. ical or outlook.. the file format remains a ZIP.

Could someone please point me in the right direction, resolving this issue ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Zip files
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 01:58:12 PM »
My first guess would be a mime type problem, is the file useable if you rename it back to a .zip?

Offline Liberty

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 03:20:58 AM »
Hi there, thank you for your reply.
My first guess was the same as yours, unfortunate the mime has to be set correctly otherwise the same problem would occur on the local applications aswell,
its the same pc. Is there is another place where i can set the correct mime type for webbased applications, any suggestions ?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 01:27:20 AM »
When you upload a file to a web server it has to detect the mime type so it won't matter if its correct on your local system. Is the file useable if you rename it back to a .zip?