Author Topic: Sievrules problems  (Read 7444 times)

Offline denbekker

Sievrules problems
« on: March 20, 2013, 06:22:19 AM »
Hello,

the sieve plugin for roundcube works just fine for us, but I do have a question. If someone has a virtual address which is being redirected to someone's mailbox. Is there a way that sieve also reacts on that emailadress ?

e.g. my main mailbox = pascal@example.com. I created a virtual address : pbekker@example.com which redirects to pascal@example.com.
When I am on vacation, i create a filter in roundcube, but only a messages is being sent back when people write to pascal@example.com. But I also would like that people who write to pbekker@example.com are getting my out of office message.

Would that possible ?

Cheers,

- Pascal

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Sievrules problems
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 08:16:58 AM »
if you have the virtual address setup as one of your identities then yes. you just need to select the "advanced options" (bottom right, just under the vacation message box) and an "aliases" list will appear and you can select which aliases it should react to. there are also the sieverules_force_vacto and sieverules_limit_vacto options in the config to slightly alter how it behaves.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline denbekker

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 09:36:07 AM »
Hello,

thank you for answer, unfortunately it does not work..
I can add an Identity in Roundcube, but I cannot find any "advanced options".. Im not quite sure which version we are using.
Is there also an way to just edit the roundcube.sieve file ??

Cheers,

- Pascal

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 10:42:27 AM »
well again it would depend what version you are running. look in the config and see if there is an option for the advanced editor. if there is you could use that. remember though once you start using that you have to keep using it. using the GUI will remove any "extra" changes.

Offline denbekker

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 10:54:27 AM »
ok, we are using version 0.7.1-1~bpo60+1 with Debian Linux, I could not find any "advanced" option in the config files.
Is there may another way ? Or does this version simply doesn't support the advanced option ?

Cheers,

- Pascal

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 01:23:20 PM »
the version of sieverules tagged for rc-0.7.1 is 1.16 and that has both the advanced editor and vacation from options in it. you can check what version of the plugin you have by looking at the data inside the <version> tag in the package.xml file in [rc root]/plugins/sieverules.

ps. make sure you're looking in the sieverules config file ([rc root]/plugins/sieverules/config.inc.php) not the core one

Offline denbekker

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 04:22:32 AM »
ok , I found the file in -> /var/lib/roundcube/plugins/sieverules/config.inc.php.
But it was empty.. I added the following line:

$rcmail_config['sieverules_adveditor'] = 1;

But the option is not visible in the GUI ;-(, I also copied the config.inc.php.dist.. and entered all the options which were needed.. still no advanced editor visible ..
In the package.xml  file I see this:

<file name="config.inc.php.dist" role="data"/>. I changed that to -> config.inc.php.. But still no advanced option visible..

Am I missing something ??

Cheers,

- Pascal

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 03:50:33 AM »
hi,

i can only assume that the person who made the debian package as put the config files somewhere else. I've never used the debian package myself so I dont know for sure but i quick look at the file list of the roundcube-plugins-extra package (I assume thats what you installed) says the config file you want should be here /etc/roundcube/plugins/sieverules/config.inc.php

Offline denbekker

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 04:14:57 AM »
in a way thats true, but we created a symlink from /var/lib/roundcube/plugins/sieverules/config.inc.php to /etc/roundcube/plugins/sieverules/config.inc.php. So thats should not be the problem. I still dont understand why the "feature" is not being shown in the GUI.. Do you maybe have an exampe setup for the advanced editor in the config.inc.php ??

Cheers,

- Pascal

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 05:28:31 AM »
Do you maybe have an exampe setup for the advanced editor in the config.inc.php ??

the possible config values for the sieverules_adveditor advanced options are described in the config file...

// Advanced editor
// allows the user to edit the sieve file directly, without the restrictions of the normal UI
// 0 - Disabled, option not shown in the UI
// 1 - Enabled, option shown in the UI
// 2 - Option shown in the UI and used by default

the option can be found in the settings popup menu (cog icon) at the bottom of the filters list

Offline denbekker

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 04:49:48 AM »
I know I am bugging you with this, But i implemented the options exactly as you said.. bute unfortunately there is no "advanced settings" option shown in the GUI.
Could you maybe send me screenshot of it please ??

Cheers,

- Pascal

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 06:58:29 AM »
there are screenshots attached of the advanced options for vacation and advanced editor