Author Topic: vBulletin integration?  (Read 3780 times)

Offline Jare

vBulletin integration?
« on: April 16, 2013, 07:16:06 AM »
Hi guys, I currently have Roundcube webmail setup alongside my vBulletin forum, but had a few questions:

1: Can I allow users to login with their forum accounts
2: Can I allow users to register themselves (automatically get an email address when they register on my forum)
3: Can I specify usergroups? (Standard members get 250MB storage, pro users get unlimited etc.)

If any of this is possible, I'd greatly appreciate any help/advice you guys can give.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: vBulletin integration?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 07:53:55 AM »
1. There isn't a plugin that I know of that would work out of the box but you could code one, take a look at the autologin plugin as an example.
2. You'd need to make a registration script that talked to your mail server to setup the accounts. Adding accounts doesn't go though RoundCube at all.
3. You'd need to setup something with your mail server, it wouldn't go though RoundCube at all.

Offline Jare

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 08:17:01 AM »
For 2 & 3 I suppose I'd look at vB/cPanel options, but for #1 I really have no clue where to look, and I can't code to save my life

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 08:34:12 AM »
Code: [Select]
<?php
$save_live 
true;
?>

If your not a coder its not going to be an easy task to setup the autologin. It needs to have the account password and username which means finding and passing that information from vBulletin. Your best bet would probably be to hire a developer to code it.