Author Topic: Problem running roundcube - 'Wrong file_uploads option'  (Read 8382 times)

Offline Morten

Problem running roundcube - 'Wrong file_uploads option'
« on: May 07, 2013, 10:00:30 AM »
I installed roundcube 0.8.6 on my server a couple of months ago, and it worked fine. Then a couple of weeks ago I got a error message* when I tried to open round cube. The problem is seemingly that file_uploads is set to a wrong value. As far as I can see in my phpinfo the value is set to On.

I then tried to remove the roundcube folder and reinstall it on my server. On the installation screen it fails with the message: 'file_uploads:  NOT OK(is 'On', should be '1')'.

I basically do not understand the difference between On and 1. What is the reason for the issue, and how can I solve it?

*(ERROR: Wrong 'file_uploads' option value and it wasn't possible to set it to required value (1). Check your PHP configuration (including php_admin_flag).)

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Problem running roundcube - 'Wrong file_uploads option'
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 12:09:24 PM »
You said it yourself, file_uploads is set to 'On' which isn't a valid option it can only be 1 or 0. Change file_uploads to 1 in your php.ini.

Offline Morten

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 05:19:31 AM »
I do not have access to php.ini. Can I change the value using .htaccess?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 03:02:00 PM »
It depends on how the server is setup, you maybe able to or you maybe able to change it in a local php.ini file.

Offline SledgehammerPL

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2024, 05:58:28 AM »
You said it yourself, file_uploads is set to 'On' which isn't a valid option it can only be 1 or 0. Change file_uploads to 1 in your php.ini.

The problem isn't here:
https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.parse-ini-string.php

Note: There are reserved words which must not be used as keys for ini files. These include: null, yes, no, true, false, on, off, none. Values null, off, no and false result in "", and values on, yes and true result in "1", unless INI_SCANNER_TYPED mode is used. Characters ?{}|&~![()^" must not be used anywhere in the key and have a special meaning in the value.