Author Topic: The ability to add sub folders to folders.  (Read 7900 times)

Offline mrjaguar

The ability to add sub folders to folders.
« on: February 05, 2007, 01:03:57 AM »
I like to organize my folders by sub folders, and I don't see a way to do this. is this something that can be added or modified?
thanks.
pat

Offline bugler

Re: The ability to add sub folders to folders.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 07:23:03 AM »
Hi,

after many attempts i realized that in order to create a subfolder you must create a folder with the folowwing name:

folder.subfolder

where folder is the name of an allready existing folder and subfoflder is the name of the subfolder you want to create under folder.

Ed.

Offline mrjaguar

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 12:09:54 PM »
I guess that depends on what imap server you're using.. the one I have (dovecot) requires a / in it instead of a .

Offline sincewednesday

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 11:25:54 AM »
dovecot defaultly uses dots as the separator.

http://wiki.dovecot.org/MailboxFormat/Maildir

I create subfolders as Folder.Subfolder and Dovecot will create the directory Maildir/.Folder.Subfolder.

Offline mrjaguar

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 11:35:19 PM »
wouldn't it be easier to make a "create as a subfolder of (pulldown)" or something like that?

Quote from: bugler
Hi,

after many attempts i realized that in order to create a subfolder you must create a folder with the folowwing name:

folder.subfolder

where folder is the name of an allready existing folder and subfoflder is the name of the subfolder you want to create under folder.

Ed.

Offline Florianer

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 07:37:55 AM »
Just to inform: For those users, which are on All-Inkl.com hosted webservers, the subfolder separation is also /

@Dropdown: Is it possible for the script to test, whether a folder is a subfolder or not and try an other separator? Maybe by checking the folder names. If the separator is still visible, it was the wrong one. Hopefully, / and . are the only two separators.
it\'s not a bug - it\'s a feature