Author Topic: SOLVED Unable to connect to storage server Error  (Read 4065 times)

Offline jjwarren

SOLVED Unable to connect to storage server Error
« on: May 22, 2013, 09:18:31 PM »
I successfully installed roundcube 0.9.0 (on 1and1 web hosting) and I have been using it for a couple of days now. Suddenly no users can login and it returns a 'Unable to connect to storage server' error, I hadn't changed anything to prompt this. I noticed there was a new version available (0.9.1) so I manually upgraded, I now get a different error 'Connection to IMAP server failed', is this the same issue or a different one?

The log file is reporting this error:
[23-May-2013 02:12:06 +0100]: IMAP Error: Login failed for xxxx@xxxx.co.uk from x.x.x.x. Could not connect to imap.1and1.co.uk:143: Connection refused in .../webmail/roundcubemail-0.9.1/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 184 (POST /?_task=login&_action=login)

I can confirm that the imap server is working fine when accessed via other mail software (eg. outlook). I can't think what could've caused this issue or how I can go about fixing it, is anybody able to point me in the right direction?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 07:54:06 AM by jjwarren »

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
Re: Unable to connect to storage server Error
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 11:36:20 PM »
Sounds like something changed on the IMAP server end, I'd contact 1and1 and ask about it.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline jjwarren

SOLVED Unable to connect to storage server Error
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 07:53:21 AM »
Seems to have started working again now, cheers for the help anyway.